Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

A functioning very small digital decoder
#1

hi I have posted on a different forum my latest work in miniaturising decoders. And thought I should post a quick summary here too.

As a hobbyist venture I have built functioning SSD-compatible digital decoders with dimensions of 10.8mm by 5.4mm. The thickness is 4.4mm. The decoders have motor/brake circuits and change lanes and count laps on SSD powered tracks.

The two images below show a functional decoder at these dimensions installed into a 1/64 scale MicroScalextric car. The second image clearly shows the surface mount 3mm IR LED for car identification.

   

   

I am now working on smaller designs... next a 8mm x 5mm design... then smaller still :)

c
[+] 7 members Like Dr_C's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
A functioning very small digital decoder - by Dr_C - 29th-Dec-20, 06:18 PM
RE: A functioning very small digital decoder - by Anthony B - 1st-Jan-21, 10:37 PM
RE: A functioning very small digital decoder - by mcreeder - 18th-Feb-21, 10:38 AM
RE: A functioning very small digital decoder - by Jerseyfreebird - 15th-Sep-24, 01:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
19th-Jan-24, 02:26 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)