Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

INOX MX3 - a must-have for digital racers

What it says on the tin - a must-have for Scalextric Digital racers - and it is on offer at Pendle Slot Racing in the UK at the moment: www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/inox-mx3-lubricant-needle-bottle-60ml

Pendles currently sell both the 60ml bottle with needle applicator and the 125ml pump spray. The bigger bottle works out better value, but I'd definitely recommend decanting into dropper bottles before you use it - please don't waste your Inox and get your cars, track and everything else filthy  by using the pump spray. Less is more (and more is less) with Inox.

What I do with Inox is put a drop of the stuff on each braid of a couple of cars and run them round the track, lane changers and pit lane at the start of the session - but only if I haven't used the track for a while. That's really all you need - just a few drops will give you a smooth digital racing session and protect the track afterwards (don't wipe it off!). My first 60ml bottle has lasted me five years...

At WHO/digital we use Inox with the first six cars on track at the start of the day or the evening - that's all we need for our 120+ foot layouts. It solves so many annoying issues it makes no sense at all not to use it. You know what to do.

[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

I too add one drop to each braid (I have the spray bottle, I undo the lid/spray and use what is on the end of the tube) then I run the car around six times cleaning the track.

Normally the first few times around the track the car will stop and start and stutter its way around constantly repeating the stuttering until eventually the track is clean and the car runs perfect, bar the twit controlling the car. I also run through pit lane a few times as well.
[+] 1 member Likes Johnno's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GregK
8th-Sep-19, 03:45 PM