Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Hand Controllers
#15

Controllers are such a personal thing. Back in the mists of time, I won an open meeting at West Ham and the prize was a Parma trigger controller. I threw a right sulk and was less than gracious as I recall. I kept the medal though.

I still can't seem to get the speed using anything but my thumb. I'm also someone who prefers the directness of a resistor controller. Whilst I do have an SCD which saves the swapping and lets me drive modern motors, I always feel a little disconnected from the cars. I also hate adjustable brakes. I've just wired them up direct on the SCD. When it comes to it, I prefer an adjustable thumb.

I did wonder if it was my imagination but, since I have the Carrera timer now, I played around with both SCD and MRRC 7.5 ohm with most of my cars. With very few exceptions I was quicker with the MRRC. OK, it may only be fractions but they count over a race distance. The SCD was adjusted to each car as usual. I did 50 laps with each car.
   

Still find it surprising how quick some of the plastic cars are.
[+] 2 members Like Gordon Steadman's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Hand Controllers - by Johnno - 21st-Sep-19, 05:58 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by woodcote - 21st-Sep-19, 06:09 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by Johnno - 21st-Sep-19, 06:27 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by Johnno - 21st-Sep-19, 07:18 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by JasonB - 21st-Sep-19, 09:43 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by Johnno - 3rd-Jul-21, 01:57 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by woodcote - 21st-Sep-19, 09:05 PM
RE: Hand Controllers - by Johnno - 21st-Sep-19, 10:05 PM
RE: Hand Controllers - by woodcote - 22nd-Sep-19, 05:34 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by Johnno - 22nd-Sep-19, 06:07 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by woodcote - 22nd-Sep-19, 06:26 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by Johnno - 22nd-Sep-19, 06:43 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by woodcote - 22nd-Sep-19, 07:16 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by BAracer - 27th-Nov-20, 05:48 PM
RE: Hand Controllers - by Nonfractal - 28th-Nov-20, 07:50 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by Gordon Steadman - 28th-Nov-20, 08:21 AM
RE: Hand Controllers - by BAracer - 28th-Nov-20, 09:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by BAracer
29th-Nov-25, 05:46 PM
Last Post by Top Down
16th-Jun-24, 07:22 AM
Last Post by Gpa113
2nd-Jul-23, 08:33 PM
Last Post by nkarres
1st-Feb-23, 03:46 AM
Last Post by OXO cube
11th-Jun-21, 06:23 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)