Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

UK HO Drag Proxy Spring Speed Nationals - March 2022
#71

Dash armatures are available in 5, 7, 10, and 16-Ohms for Fray cars. Anyone with a Dash chassis would likely need to go cherry picking for a competitive 14-ohm armature.

Welcome to the cherry picking club.  Thumbup
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#72

Oooooh yes, cherry picking..........., all the way!!!!!!

Nico
[+] 2 members Like nkarres's post
Quote
#73

How to install braids... from our good friend Dave632 at NitroSlots.

https://nitroslots.com/thread/4194/electrical

Cheers,
Ken
[+] 3 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#74

(31st-Mar-22, 03:53 PM)KensRedZed Wrote:  How to install braids... from our good friend Dave632 at NitroSlots.

https://nitroslots.com/thread/4194/electrical

Cheers,
Ken

Thanks Ken Easy enough. I modify guitar amps on the side so I can solder pretty well...... I stopped buying desoldering wick though, cause I just bought a solder sucker a few months ago for printed circuit boards....Guess I better buy a roll. Cool
Im guessing that the shoe's rail flatness aint gotta be perfect if its using braids, correct? How does it effect launch deslotting with the added thickness between the shoe and rail especially with tjet stepped shoes?
[+] 2 members Like Tjetter's post
Quote
#75

Hi Tjetter,

The braids actually help the car make better contact with the rails.

Keep the braids flat while you solder them, and the front wheels still touch the track. I use 1/32 Slot.It competition 1mm braid to keep it very thin.

A deslot can happen from a 6-Ohm car that doesn't have wheelie bars, and gets too much traction. Not usually the stock T-jets.

Cheers,
Ken
[+] 4 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#76

The braid will alter the balance at the front, especially under hard acceleration. As Ken suggested, thin 1:32 racing braid is probably better than the think, bouncy de-soldering braid. However, don't go too thin - otherwise that does defeat the object of the exercise! And too sharp a front edge can catch on the rail joins... Possibly the ideal shape is curved up at the front in a ski-shape.

The strip runs at 12 volts and 8 amps, but a T-jet can still happily 'porpoise' off the line and halfway down the strip. Getting the right blend of weight, wheelie bar and/or traction magnet certainly helps! Some of the quickest cars through the finish line speed trap have been T-Jets without traction magnets... but they've often given their rival a huge head start because of the on-off-on-off-on power in the early stages.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with and would love to see someone smash the AW Ultra-G paradigm in the T-Jet class.

Plan to put up those regs and formats tomorrow or Sunday.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post
Quote
#77

Finaly my cars arrived as well! Still some issues with customs, but I will sort it out!!!!

Thanks again Andy for the great event and race weekend. And a big thanks to all the sponsors as well!!!!

Tests for new classes are already ongoing and very intresting results so far!!!!

C u on the strip again,
Nico
[+] 2 members Like nkarres's post
Quote
#78

(1st-Apr-22, 02:29 PM)woodcote Wrote:  The braid will alter the balance at the front, especially under hard acceleration. As Ken suggested, thin 1:32 racing braid is probably better than the think, bouncy de-soldering braid. However, don't go too thin - otherwise that does defeat the object of the exercise! And too sharp a front edge can catch on the rail joins... Possibly the ideal shape is curved up at the front in a ski-shape.

The strip runs at 12 volts and 8 amps, but a T-jet can still happily 'porpoise' off the line and halfway down the strip. Getting the right blend of weight, wheelie bar and/or traction magnet certainly helps! Some of the quickest cars through the finish line speed trap have been T-Jets without traction magnets... but they've often given their rival a huge head start because of the on-off-on-off-on power in the early stages.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with and would love to see someone smash the AW Ultra-G paradigm in the T-Jet class.

Plan to put up those regs and formats tomorrow or Sunday.
Ill have to play around with some braid material on some old shoes and see what I get.
Traction magnets prolly aint a bad idea....I have a bunch of AW traction mags off my Ultra G gear grinder chassis' .  Not sure if I should build my best effort factory stock Tjet or purpose build a 14ohm car with stronger magnets.... well I guess I have a few months to think on it. Thumbup
[+] 3 members Like Tjetter's post
Quote
#79

Out of personal tests: don't use too strong traction magnets, it will slow the car down!!

Just my 2 Cents from the AFX Drag Strip.

Nico
[+] 3 members Like nkarres's post
Quote
#80

Ill keep that in mind. Thank You
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
5th-Sep-26, 02:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)