Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

TR7 Proxy - August 2021
#91

Scalextric did a standard Metro without the 6R4 skirt. I know that South Manchester do a race series for this version. It will only have around 48mm across the tyres and you have to run at standard ride height.
I'm glad Andy has sent the 6R4 version bodies, it means we can make some good handling cars and not be tied to in line. I've had both sidewinder and anglewinder pods under the Scalextric 6R4, with 10mm wide tyres. The red metro has similar running gear to my TR7.
[+] 2 members Like classicchrisk's post
Quote
#92

A new thread, and some 'rools', is what we need!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote
#93

Glad the boxes are arriving back so quickly Thumbup 

As for the Metros - I'm sure we'll thrash something out. 48mm would be without the 6R4 body kits, but they're certainly more fun to drive with that extra width! And more options for motors etc. If anyone else wants a body or two - I still have some left.

I liked Alan's bare-bones regs for this one - they produced a nice variety of cars. And we still haven't seen any scratch-built chassis....

And I have a TR7 body and Amato chassis on their way. A bit late to the show, but - hopefully - ready for the next one. It'll be nice to keep the Triumphs running and adding some Metros.
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post
Quote
#94

We have been running Mini/Metro class at South Manchester for 3 seasons now, addictively frustrating at times but great fun.

Our rules may be of use for reference (link below) and have been refined over time, creates some great close racing.

Classic Scalextric Minis | SMSRC (southmanchesterslotracingclub.com)

If anyone fancies a visit on race night, cars are always available to try out.

cheers,

Angelo


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
[+] 6 members Like Angelo Amato's post
Quote
#95

Great to see those Mini Clubman 1275 GT!
I should do a slot car version of my real rally car.

Hub Thumbup

   
[+] 3 members Like rallyhub's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
5th-Sep-26, 02:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)