Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Sorry Pip - I've changed it.
All the cars passed through tech...
With a few extra measurements I thought you'd find interesting...
They've all had a shakedown on the Ice Rink, ready for tomorrow...
Some different characteristics, but all fun to drive...
You'll be able to see all the cars in action - here on the forum - from around 7.30pm.
(This post was last modified: 19th-Aug-21, 06:37 PM by
woodcote.)
Posts: 526
Threads: 50
Likes Received: 884 in 356 posts
Likes Given: 2,631
Joined: Jun 2020
I fully agree with Jeremy
Voted before action starts.
Brilliant way to display each entrant, wish I was that creative
Posts: 554
Threads: 32
Likes Received: 817 in 363 posts
Likes Given: 197
Joined: Dec 2020
Location burnley UK
(19th-Aug-21, 06:07 PM)BARacer Wrote: In the spirit of the event, I have cast my vote for 'Best in Show' before seeing which of my opponents are faster than me and need time penalties!
this
good luck everyone
Kev
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
(20th-Aug-21, 06:35 AM)OXO cube Wrote: (19th-Aug-21, 06:07 PM)BARacer Wrote: In the spirit of the event, I have cast my vote for 'Best in Show' before seeing which of my opponents are faster than me and need time penalties!
this
good luck everyone
Kev
Just to note, this was a thing I made up for myself. I didn't intend to preach.
To paraphrase one of my favorite lines in a film...
"There aren't any rules, this is the TR7 Proxy! "
I love puttering with gears
(This post was last modified: 20th-Aug-21, 07:29 AM by
BAracer.)
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Seven ballot papers received so far. Five cars have votes...
You can see all the cars
here. And you'll be seeing more of them later today.
PM me with your top 3 - anyone can take part, but competitors can't vote for their own cars.
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Test One: Ice Rink
All cars were run for 15 laps at 12 volts, using a 45-ohm Parma controller. Timing was via the LapTracker app - start triggered by first pass.
Posts: 189
Threads: 44
Likes Received: 249 in 105 posts
Likes Given: 195
Joined: Nov 2020
Great video Andy, thanks (can actually get 4G at the new house yay!!)
Just out of curiosity, do you know how the timings compare to other 80’s Scalextric cars?
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Good question! The final stage of the Winter Rally-Sprint ran on the same track - and for the same 15 laps. The results from March are
here. Today's winning time would have been enough to come seventh. The winning time in March was 40.21 seconds. There were some 80s Scalextric and SCX rally cars - the fastest (a standard Lancia 037) went through in 45.81.
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Great video!
And a supplementary question to the one above...did our versions of the TR7 go faster than an original???
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 132
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 101 in 60 posts
Likes Given: 457
Joined: Apr 2021
(20th-Aug-21, 06:31 PM)woodcote Wrote: Test One: Ice Rink
All cars were run for 15 laps at 12 volts, using a 45-ohm Parma controller. Timing was via the LapTracker app - start triggered by first pass.
Excellent coverage. Just what we needed. Great job. Andy.