Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
I started a track about 2 years ago, but then retirement came along and I thought we would downsize , so track was packed away, and wood used elsewhere.
Plans changed as I was offered a job I could not refuse, so we are staying on.
I have a good friend coming round to help with the framework and base Then te real issue begins - track design,
I will be using 60's Revell track WITH borders. I have a space of 4 meters by 1.8 meters.
Any and all suggestions/designs welcome. I do not want coiled snakes type track. I would like to do some scenery.
(This post was last modified: 26th-Apr-22, 07:32 AM by
Anthony B.)
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,025 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Jason's Kyalami design would fit that space perfectly and should be easily adapted to Revell track. Plus you can use all your photos of the circuit to get the scenics spot on.
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Hmmmmm - good Idea Andy!!
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Yeah, I think that Andy has very much "nailed it" there !!
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Wood is here and now cut to size and the frame is starting.
It begins….. between the rain showers as I have to to the base frame set up on the driveway.
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
It's a start. About time you had a proper track at home.
I've already started building an extension to mine to I can expand when we decide where it's going. It gets addictive when you start again.
Keep the pics coming.
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Watching recent World Wide Slot Chats, there is a guy on there who is putting together some Revell tracks, and everytime he shows his progress, all the old guard swoon at the beauty of the Revell track pieces!
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Hmm it seems a bit….. large
•
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
And it seems …. On the roof ?
And yet if you click on it - shows it the right way up - dang I am a techno idiot
(This post was last modified: 28th-Jul-21, 12:59 PM by
Anthony B.)
Posts: 1,246
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 1,035 in 519 posts
Likes Given: 244
Joined: Apr 2019
Location France
Allezoop