Posts: 2,061
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,419 in 1,395 posts
Likes Given: 3,130
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Hi Bon,
Thank you very kindly for the information. Luckily MEV Originals only charges $4 for shipping to Canada. Plus, I buy many T-jet bodies from MEV too.
Here are a few before pics. Original wheels and tires.
Just the wheel change.
Even though it was a bit of time and trouble. It was worth lowering the body.
Posts: 2,061
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,419 in 1,395 posts
Likes Given: 3,130
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Posts: 2,061
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,419 in 1,395 posts
Likes Given: 3,130
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
I heard there is a proxy HO drag race coming up?
What is everyone with a Top Fuel dragster using for rear tires please? Thanks a million!
Right after the dragster, something else sort of "fell" into the shopping cart. Imagine that?
The Buick reminds me of a car my Dad owned many years ago. Nice car. Thanks for the memories Dad!
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
A couple of superb Model Motoring T-jet drag cars snapped up at the Ashington Toy Fair yesterday.
The one at the front is a model of the legendary Gee-TO-Tiger Pontiac GTO, the other a Sox & Martin ‘67 Plymouth GTX. Both released 1997-8, I think - and neither of them look as if they’ve been out of the box since then.
More new HO cars on their way from Lucky Bob - expected in the next few days…
Posts: 2,061
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,419 in 1,395 posts
Likes Given: 3,130
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Andy,
Those look super amazing!
That's the type of stuff I'm looking for too. I can hardly wait for the next slot car show here.
Cheers,
Ken
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
It’s really rare to come across a T-jet of any description at a UK Toy Fair or Slot Car Show, but the few I’ve picked up over the years have been lovely examples.
At the one US show I’ve been to (just outside Baltimore), I was completely overwhelmed - there were hundreds (maybe a few thousand) on sale, mostly original Aurora models.
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,030 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Here are two of the cars from Lucky Bobs...
At least one of them will get a vintage Aurora Magnatraction chassis and some Vincent wheels for Pro Stock match racing.
Posts: 2,061
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,419 in 1,395 posts
Likes Given: 3,130
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Andy,
Super looking cars!
Camaro's have always been a favorite.
Posts: 156
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 275 in 116 posts
Likes Given: 325
Joined: Jun 2021
Location Salzburg, Austria
@Ken: asking on tires for the Top Fuel dragster: I use Hornet Silicone tires as he made tires especially to fit those original dragster rims
To be found on FB only or let me know as I am in ctc with the owner.
Nico
Donne e motori, gioie e dolori - Frauen und Autos, Freuden und Leiden
•
Posts: 2,061
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,419 in 1,395 posts
Likes Given: 3,130
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Hello Nico,
Thank you very kindly for responding to my question. Unfortunately, I don't have a FaceFart account.
There's no other way to buy Hornet tires?
Ken
•