Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,028 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Looking forward to this! 8 hours ahead, so it could be a late one...
Posts: 195
Threads: 20
Likes Received: 401 in 173 posts
Likes Given: 8
Joined: Mar 2021
Video of yesterday's Final GT3 Race #10 at MID-BC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD1RN1sTYMg
(This post was last modified: 7th-Jun-21, 01:20 PM by
Cgyracer.)
Posts: 195
Threads: 20
Likes Received: 401 in 173 posts
Likes Given: 8
Joined: Mar 2021
Congratulations to heli_ca for the win, Big Duhg second, and Aloha third. Big Duhg and Aloha's car just got better and better as the season progressed! Heli's car had so much grip you could hear the chirp of the tires.....there is so much grip with that car it does not slide at all. We ran two four minute heats in the two outside lanes with Lez and Leadfoot46 driving. Dodge Farmer & Loan Shark marshalled while I directed the race and was the track call guy. Radarek called me and could not make it as he had am emergency callout. The two outside lanes are a great test for your cars as most of the corners are increasing or decreasing radius with elevation changes.
All the cars ran fantastic on this technical long track but one car in particular struggled mightily...Camber's very soft rear suspension would compress on acceleration causing the front wheels / guide to lift off the track. The car would come out of the slot and slide on the guide out of the slot the rest of the way down the straight. Aloha's car ran fantastic and then all of a sudden it was unmanageably loose, I hit the track call and found two strands of hair wrapped several times around one of his rear tires. The car was back to normal afterwards but lost a whole lap for that issue.
With that said congratulations to heli_ca for the overall win. That car dominated this season and Leon deserves the overall championship....his second championship! My car finished second overall and Aloha finishes on the podium in third passing F1Fan in points after the last race. What a climb for Aloha all season as that car got stronger!
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,028 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Thanks for posting
Beautiful track, great driving, super coverage - and heli_ca's Ferrari was very impressive!
•
Posts: 195
Threads: 20
Likes Received: 401 in 173 posts
Likes Given: 8
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 195
Threads: 20
Likes Received: 401 in 173 posts
Likes Given: 8
Joined: Mar 2021
Gentlemen another fine season is done!
1st Place - Leon "Heli_ca" WOW is the word to describe your car. That is a special car to win 8 races.....seriously that is an amazing car. Domination is the word to describe your car as you set lap records on countless tracks plus many times you won by laps over the second place car. Congratulations very well done and deserved!
2nd Place - Last season I won 6 races by only a partial lap. This season's car was very similar collecting valuable podium points (except for the wins!!) with a worst finish of only fourth place. In most proxies this would be good enough but not this season with such a dominating car by heli_ca.
3rd Place - Aloha.....congratulations you made the Podium! You passed the very tough competitor F1Fan on the last race....what an amazing pass! When I drove it to a 5th? place finish at Round 0 I could really see the amazing potential but seeing the car get stronger is incredible. Very well done...this is your first podium in the Championship Proxy Series, very well deserved!
It was nice to see the big log jam in 5th thru 10th get sorted out. Congratulations to Big Duhg for coming out on top......another car like Aloha's that kept getting stronger.
The only tie was for 16th place SR Hawaii & Camber and as in previous seasons the car (Camber) with the better throwaway race was the tiebreaker.
Congratulations to Team Canada for the win. Having 4 cars in the top 6 really made the difference this season.
Presenting the newest Championship Proxy Series Banner, congratulations to our 2021 Champion Heli_ca!
(This post was last modified: 8th-Jun-21, 02:46 PM by
Cgyracer.)
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Rob
Any Idea what Leon is going to do next year?
He could do a new car and just stick with losing half his mates this year, or bring back the Ferrari and lose all his mates next year!
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 727
Joined: Mar 2021
Heli_ca has raced in 4 proxies over the years, the HRW Trans Am Over 2Liter proxy, the Group5, GT3 and the World Championship. He currently has 3 Championships. He’s tough company but we all get better when we race against him, and a few others. Aloha is having a great proxy year overall and Sir CgyRacer is the model of consistency along with SirChrisGuyW.
Posts: 195
Threads: 20
Likes Received: 401 in 173 posts
Likes Given: 8
Joined: Mar 2021
I've watched Mr Brumos RSR's cars over the years and his cars have become very strong contenders in any proxy he enters.
I figure Heli_ca can enter the same car again but he will need new tires, they are extremely low in profile now. There is not much tire left so Leon timed it perfectly. The question will be can he find another matching pair of tires just as fantastic?
Everyone improved this year. Before the season started I replaced my 25K Shark motor with a slightly quicker 25K Shark motor plus I shifted weight to underneath the rear axle where I had no weight before. I added just a few grams of weight under the axle just to give me a little more bite. I also trued a new set of tires that felt quicker than the previous pair I used. If I did not make any of these improvements I would of really finished behind as EVERYONE improved. It was quite amazing seeing how improved all the cars were vs the previous year. I think the bar will be set even higher as Leon has proven these cars can go quick. Every year the bar is set higher, if you compare cars from previous proxies as time goes on there is no comparison as the advancements in building skills improves.
Seems like the way of winning championships has changed too. I always thought if you finished on the podium the points will come. The last few season proved me wrong....you need to win most races now!
When Leon won in 2017 that was a very consistent podium car with only two wins but many podiums. There was five different winners that season.
2018 Camber 5 wins
2019 Camber 4 wins
2020 Cgyracer 6 wins
2021 Heli_ca 8 wins
Interesting trend hey!
Rob
(This post was last modified: 9th-Jun-21, 12:48 PM by
Cgyracer.)
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
So it seems you need a set up that runs well on both the fast tracks and the technical ones...
And without stating the obvious, I need to prepare a car that runs well from the off in order to get through pre-qualifying. It would be great if it turned into one of those that just keeps getting faster, but that will be a bonus rather than part of the masterplan!
I love puttering with gears