Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Any recommendations for a replacement slot guide for this Scalextric Bentley Continental GT please?
The original guide has already been replaced once but it doesn't solve the problem of the braids gradually losing contact as they sink into that bowl shaped recess.
Original chassis needs to be retained.
Thanks for any help.
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
You need washers on the guide shaft to spaced the guide down to track level.
You can make those from thin plastic, drill a hole big enough for the guide shaft, trim the plastic to the same shape as the guide.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Pendle do conversion kits. I use one on my Worthing Bentley GT racer. They come in a variety of depths to suit different chassis recess depths.
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Thanks both of you.
I'll try the DIY solution first, with the Pendles conversion kit as fallback if my efforts fail.
Fingers crossed DIY will work though.
Posts: 526
Threads: 50
Likes Received: 884 in 356 posts
Likes Given: 2,631
Joined: Jun 2020
The Scalextric Bentley had the slightly shallower depth guide flag, compared to later GT3 releases.
I fitted a standard Scalextric replacement guide, of the deeper variety, to Club member Phil's Bentley, and it was really good. Best GT3 car over the 5 years we raced them as our main class, but he also used to crash less, which may have something to do with it..........
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
(22nd-Nov-25, 02:15 PM)Top Down Wrote: Thanks both of you.
I'll try the DIY solution first, with the Pendles conversion kit as fallback if my efforts fail.
Fingers crossed DIY will work though. 
The only area of concern would be the length of the current guide shaft. Is there enough spare to allow you to lower the guide?
I love puttering with gears
•