Posts: 189
Threads: 44
Likes Received: 249 in 105 posts
Likes Given: 195
Joined: Nov 2020
Hi all
What are the flat round resistors for on motors usually in off the shelf cars?
All of the new motors I've bought (Mabuchi and Slot it flat 6) don't have them so do I need install one on a new motor or can I run without?
Thanks
Rob
•
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
They are an absolute requirement if you are running the cars in a digital environment, to absorb spikes in the current that might damage the digital chip.
Not sure about whether they offer any benefit in an analogue car.
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
They are TV/radio interference suppressors. Largely irrelevant with modern flat screens so you can leave them off in analogue. Essential for digital though as Jeremy says.
Posts: 189
Threads: 44
Likes Received: 249 in 105 posts
Likes Given: 195
Joined: Nov 2020
Good stuff, only running analogue so I'll whip em off
Thanks
•