Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Can anyone help with identifying this motor and maybe the spec. too please?
There are a third and fourth small hole on the top surface under the hold-down bracket and three motor securing holes at the pinion end, not four as I thought.
The armature stack does have a greenish tinge. It's not just a trick of the light.
Can't run an 'anonymous' motor at the club.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.
(This post was last modified: 22nd-Oct-23, 02:15 PM by
Top Down.)
•
Posts: 388
Threads: 43
Likes Received: 957 in 299 posts
Likes Given: 1
Joined: Aug 2019
Location Toronto, Canada
It appears to be an SRP FK-180,.......they make/made 3 variations, 20/25/30K none of which are labelled, so from your pics., impossible to tell.
Cheers
Chris Walker
•
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
Brilliant. That's more than I knew an hour ago.
To be on the right side of the rules I'll assume it's NOT the 20k variant so is not legal.
Thank you.
(This post was last modified: 22nd-Oct-23, 02:29 PM by
Top Down.)
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
SRP are good motors, great value for money and popular with racers.
If you have a smartphone, there's a pretty good app for measuring motor RPM...'Giri -The RPM Checker'
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
I do. In fact its smarter then me - but I'll give it a go.
What's an app?
Kidding. I know what an app is - but loading and using one is another matter.
I always thought phones were for talking to people.
Posts: 984
Threads: 112
Likes Received: 1,307 in 493 posts
Likes Given: 1,247
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Cambridgeshire
Looks like an older Scaleauto or MRRC pod, the kind they used to use in the Toyota LMP model, and (i think) some early Radicals.
This does not tie in with the chassis which appears to be much more recent.
They had motors that looked like this that were usually rated at 20k rpm, likely to have been an SRC supplied as Chris says, as they look the same.
Scaleauto also used to do a blue painted version fitted with ball race bearings, again a 20k one.
(This post was last modified: 24th-Oct-23, 05:48 AM by
Savage GT.)