Posts: 90
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 37 in 25 posts
Likes Given: 9
Joined: Mar 2023
Yet another silly question, but I am still a learner ! Sorry…. How long / wide in cm’s are long and short can motors ? I am trying to identify some to help me make sure I buy the correct gears and pinions , ta
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,194
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Download and save these
FC130
FK130
FK180
FF050
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
(This post was last modified: 2nd-Apr-23, 06:29 PM by
Kevan.)
Posts: 304
Threads: 17
Likes Received: 368 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
Good info Kevan.
I think Pendles usually give dimensions for motors they sell.....and they have quite a few listed.
•
Posts: 90
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 37 in 25 posts
Likes Given: 9
Joined: Mar 2023
That’s great, but what does FL and FC stand for ?
•
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,194
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Who knows but it's the motor types we use, it's one of those 'need to know basis' and it's not something I need to know.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 2,053
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,409 in 1,388 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
I got this link off the web. It's pretty cool. Scroll down. Woodcote knows his stuff.
https://slotracer.online/community/showt...p?tid=1721
Quote from Woodcote "The 'S-Can' is an FC130 motor and has its brushes and springs fixed in the plastic 'endbell' which attaches to the half-metal 'can'. The 'Short Can' - or FK130 - has slightly different gubbins inside a fully-metal can."
(This post was last modified: 3rd-Apr-23, 01:46 AM by
KensRedZed.)
•