Here’s the latest from week 44…
- Avant Slot BMW 2002 Avant Slot have previewed their forthcoming release of the BMW 2002 in two new liveries. The #67 Gulf liveried car was driven by Antonio Sainz and Javier Cattaneo at the 2014 Jarama Vintage Festival, and the #4 Camel liveried car was driven by Toni Riberaygua at the 1991 Subida Santo Emiliano.
- MR Slotcar Ferrari 333 SP After reporting last week on the yellow ATEC Daytona Ferrari 333, two more liveries have been announced by MR Slotcar. The red #12 Toshiba liveried car finished eighth at Le Mans in 1998, driven by Taylor, Van De Poele and Velez. The green and red Olive Garden liveried #11 finished fifth at Mosport in 1999, driven by Angeleli and de Radiguès. Other models expected include a MOMO livery, a Pilot livery, and a white kit, so we’ll be spoilt for choice.
- Scalextric Lamborghini Countach Scalextric have posted a first look at a fully decorated sample of their forthcoming Lamborghini Countach.
- GTM Singer 9 Le Mans George Turner has posted photos of the first casting of his forthcoming 1934 Singer 9 Le Mans. The model will represent the #47, and #48 cars which took 18th, and 15th places respectively at the Le Mans 24hrs of 1934.
- Pioneer Dodge Chargers Two new additions to the Pioneer ‘Street Muscle’ range have just arrived. Featuring bright red and yellow liveries, these Dodge Chargers are going to look great bossing any slot car layout.
Tracks & Scenery
- Magnetic Racing Goodyear Footbridge You may have already seen Magnetic Racing’s Dunlop and Firestone footbridges, but they’ve now added a Goodyear bridge to the range.
- Scalextric Resin Buildings A new addition to the Scalextric catalogue in 2022, this range of hand-finished resin models have just reached the shelves in the UK. Based on the iconic Scalextric trackside accessories of the 1960s, the grandstand and control tower are the first to be produced.
Slot Car Racing
- This Week’s Your Club News We have updates for you this week from G.O.L.D., Viking (pictured), Hawthorne Park, Manx, Norwich, New South Wales and Worthing HO slot car clubs.
- Autumn Endurance Interseries Proxy The endurance cars moved on to South Manchester for a second weekend of racing. You can find all the results and video of shakedown and racing over in the Proxy Racing forum.
- Is that a flash of Rosso Corsa? Yes, that’s right, this week we’re taking a look at an Italian brand that has proved to be one of the most famous, most popular, most successful, and most enduring of sports and race car manufacturers ever. Here is the lowdown on just some of the fabulous Ferrari slot cars available…
- Slot.it Ferrari 512M – 24 Heures du Mans 1971 Long-awaited, but most definitely worth waiting for, this is the first Ferrari to appear with Slot.it branding since the original 312PB – and it’s an absolute stunner…
- Le Mans Miniatures Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa – 24 Heures du Mans 1960 Not just one Testa Rossa, or two, or three. Le Mans Miniatures have produced five fabulous Ferrari 250 Testa Rossas from the 1960 Le Mans 24 hours.
- Fly Ferrari 250 GTO Goodwood Tourist Trophy 1962 Fly’s limited edition podium trio are thoroughly Goodwood-themed, as these Ferrari 250 GTO Berlinettas finished first, second and third in a thrilling 100-lap RAC Tourist Trophy race.
- Policar Ferrari 312B2 – Clay Regazzoni – British GP 1971 The second Policar 312B2 is an absolute cracker – a model of the car in which Ferrari legend Clay Regazzoni claimed pole position at the 1971 British Grand Prix.
- Policar 1967 Ferrari 330 P4 The Ferrari 330 P4 epitomizes the glorious racing era of the ’60s. Arguably the most beautiful racing car ever built, possibly the most admired today in the rare public outings of the surviving models.
- Policar Ferrari 412P Maranello Concessionaires – Le Mans 1967 Like the real cars, the Policar Ferrari 330 P4 and 412P models are things of beauty and fabulous to drive on the track. For many, they are the most attractive racing cars of all time.
- Policar Ferrari 412P – Spa 1967 A very welcome addition to the Policar / Slot.it Classic Sport range is this fabulous model of the Ferrari 412P entered by Ecurie Francorchamps at the 1967 Spa 1000 Kms…
- Penelope Pitlane Ferrari 156 ‘Aero’ kit – Monaco GP 1964 Hand-crafted at Pendle Slot Racing HQ in Nelson, Lancashire, the new Penelope Pitlane Ferrari 156 kit looks sensational…
- Avant Slot Ferrari 308 GTB This is certainly exciting news from Avant Slot. Their 308 GTB is bound to make a competitive track and slot rally car… nice and low and light and wide, plus that very pokey Avant Slot long can motor – just like the real thing.
Livery of the weekend – Imola Ferrari Finali Mondiali
- Ferrari 499P Unveiling You can watch the full ceremony from Imola over on the Ferrari YouTube channel – it was slightly delayed, so start watching at 5:50. The channel also has all the racing from a weekend of Ferrari GT world finals at the Italian circuit.
- Mexican Grand Prix The Ferrari Grand Prix team were in action at the Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez on Sunday. You can watch highlights on the official F1 YouTube Channel.
- Why Are F1 Cars So Big & Heavy? That’s a question you might have been asking yourself during the live race coverage from Mexico. James Elson gives all the answers in this week’s Motorsport magazine and explains that F1 cars might soon be shrinking – but not as small as 1:32 scale.
- Nascar at Martinsville This was the title-contenders last chance to make the Championship Four at Phoenix next Sunday. Not surprisingly it was a tense race at the legendary short-track, but an utterly audacious video-game-style move at the final corner became the talking point of the season so far.
- Birkett Six-Hour Relay 2022 The biggest and wackiest motor race on the calendar, the Birkett Relay returned to Silverstone on Saturday for a glorious day of multi-class racing. You can watch the entire re-run on the 750 Motor Club’s YouTube Channel.
- Gold Coast 500 The Aussie touring cars were in action on the Surfers Paradise Street Circuit over the weekend. The second of the two races was eventful, to say the least. You can watch a fabulous fifteen minutes of highlights on the Supercars YouTube Channel.
- FIA Motorsport Games 2022 Essentially the Olympic Games of Motorsport, teams from around the world compete across a vast range of racing disciplines to discover who is the greatest motor sport nation on earth. This year’s games took place in southern France and you can catch all of the races on the FIA Motorsport Games YouTube Channel.