Slot Car Racing
- Extreme Slotting Proxy 2021 This Rally-Raid event got going last week. You can catch-up with all the entries – plus the first two stages – in the SlotRacer Online Proxy Racing section.
- HO Proxy Drag Racing A busy weekend of racing with eight classes and 67 cars took place in Brighton. You can follow all the action in the SlotRacer Proxy Racing section.
- GT3 Slot Car Proxy The list for the 2022 Series Shootout has been published. Twenty-nine racers from around the world will be battling for the twelve remaining places on the grid. The Shootout takes place in November – and you’ll be able to follow it in the SlotRacer Online Proxy Racing Section.
- Singer Le Mans George Turner has added a lovely 1934 Singer Le Mans model to his range, and it is available as an unpainted kit, as a painted model, or as a ready to run car.
- SCX 2021 releases The first new SCX products of the year are starting to appear. Three new 1:43 scale SCX Compact sets are now with the UK distributor and the Ken Block Escort Cosworth is on the shelves in Spain. You can find out more in the SlotRacer Online News section.
- Lotus 38 Osterero have released this flamboyantly liveried Lotus 38, as driven by Dan Gurney at the Indianapolis 500 in 1965. The model features a new SLS chassis, and a more powerful motor than earlier versions of the Lotus.
- Peugeot 205 T16 SRC have re-released a final 315 units of the 1986 Tour de Corse winning 205 T16 of Bruno Saby & Jean-Francois Fauchille. This model is a Chrono racing version and is available now. You can read Hub’s update in the SlotRacer News section.
- Porsche 962 Available soon from Slot.It is the Porsche 962 which was driven by Bob Wollek, Vern Shuppan and Sarel van der Merwe at Le Mans in 1988
- Maserati GranTurismo MC GT3 Review Slot.it have jumped into the GT business with two Maseratis and a Nissan to start their new Modern GT range. Andy takes a detailed look at the Italian company’s first offering in the SlotRacer Online Review section.
- Ford Escort RS2000 X-Pack The latest Escort from Teamslot has just arrived in the UK. You can see lots more pictures in the SlotRacer News section.
Tracks & Scenery
- Flat Over Crest It’s always worth another look at Rallyhub’s evocative Flat Over Crest British rally track. But now it’s even more worthy of a look as he’s dropped in some demonstrations of how he makes his buildings and trees.
- Nya Racerbanan Carver continues to thrill us with the amazing details on his first scenic track. You can view his latest updates in the Show Us Your Track section at SlotRacer Online.
- Jacques Saoutchik The Pegaso Z-102 above was one of many elegant designs by French coachbuilder Jacques Saoutchik. From 1906 until 1952 Saoutchik’s extravagent and opulent cars regularly collected awards in the cherished Concours d’Elégances of Paris and the fashionable resorts at the Atlantic coast and the Côte d’Azur.
- Dutch Grand Prix Formula One was back at Zandvoort for the first time since the 1980s. Good weather, raucous fans and not a bad race made it a perfect F1 weekend.
- Lime Rock Park Historic A Labor Day weekend tradition, the 39th Lime Rock Park Historic Festival saw dozens of races – with Porsche the ‘featured marque’ this year. There are loads of fabulous photos on the Vintage Motorsport website.