Catch up with all of the slot car news from week 3
- HobbyClassic Nation Colors HobbyClassic have added another four cars to their range of Bugattis liveried in national racing colours. With this release we get the colours of Chile, England, Belgium and Switzerland, leaving just Germany and Italy to complete the project. Breaking… The German and Italian cars have now been released.
- Slot.it Ferrari 512M Slot.it have announced that the Sunoco liveried Ferrari 512M is expected to be on sale from January 31st. This lovely model represents the Penske-White Racing car driven by Mark Donohue and David Hobbs, who took pole position, and finished third at the 1971 Daytona 24 Hours.
- Policar Ferrari 412P Expected in Q3-Q4, the Policar Ferrari 412P is another must have sports car, especially if you’re interested in Le Mans. The model represents the car driven by Pedro Rodríguez and Giancarlo Baghetti at the 1967 race.
- Worthing Digital Wednesday – 18th-Jan-23
- Nat. GT3 6hrs @ Wolverhampton SCC – 22nd-Jan-23
- Low Lands Suzuka Double Digital – 28th-Jan-23
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 1st-Feb-23
- Bury St Edmunds club night 5-10pm – 4th-Feb-23
- National Digital Championship – North Staffs – 11th-Feb-23
- Milton Keynes Swapmeet – 12th-Feb-23
- Magnetic Racing Magnetic Racing have expanded their range, adding the start ramps which they used on their Scottish themed rally stage, as well as a selection of height adjustable billboards with stickers.
- Hornby: A Model World After a last minute postponement of the first episode, the second series of Hornby: A Model World is will now begin on Monday 16th January at 8pm on Yesterday. The postponed episode is now available online at UKTV Play, as is the whole of the first series.
- With the 2023 Rolex 24 at Daytona fast approaching (26th-29th January), it may be time to bring back our special feature section to have a look at some Daytona slot cars and related content.
- 1971 24 Hours of Daytona Here is the full story of the 1971 24 Hours of Daytona, celebrated by the Slot.it model of the Ferrari 512M, featured above. “Few fans of endurance racing who attended the 24 Hours of Daytona in 1971 were aware they were witnessing the end of an era.“
- Slot.it Chaparral 2F Daytona The 1967 Daytona 24 Hours was famous for Ferrari’s revenge over Ford, but there was also the iconic Chaparral 2F lined up on the grid. “For the 1967 endurance races we built the 2F. I thought that it was pretty spectacular and quite decent-looking too. The car was plenty fast, but we were beset by more little nit-picking problems than anyone can imagine”–Jim Hall.
- Fly Porsche 911 Daytona 1966 This little Porsche is an important one. It was the first 911 to win a major international circuit race – the GT2.0 class at the 1966 Daytona 24 hours.
- George Turner Lotus 19, Daytona 1962 “If you ask me to choose my favourite of all the cars I raced, I have to pick Frank Arciero’s Lotus 19. The Lotus 19 was the proverbial giant-killer. It was just plain easier to drive and faster.” –Dan Gurney
- Daytona International Track Plan Four lane Ninco track plans for the Daytona International oval and road course.