In this week’s Digest…
- Ford RS2000 X Pack Rothmans Leaving Spain at the end of last week was the first of the Rothmans Escorts. Teamslot have done a fantastic job on this Limited Edition car of only 400. Each car is numbered.
- Jaguar XJR10 Coming soon from Slot.it! The CA42a Jaguar XJR10 #60- 1st 300Km Portland 1990. This is a completely new mould, except the rear wing, and spare parts will be announced soon.
- NSR Launched Historic Line Collectors’ Editions Building on the popularity of their classic Fords and Porsches with collectors, NSR have launched a new series of ‘Historic Line’ releases with new boxes and information cards. You can see the first two models and find out more in the News section.
- April News from Fly Updates from Fly have been a little sparse recently… However, another of the 25th Aniversario cars is expected soon, plus three new announcements will get collectors and slot rally fans excited. See our full round-up of 2022 Fly news over on the forum.
- BRM BMW 2002ti The first two 1:24 scale BMWs from BRM are expected very soon. These stunning models illustrate different moulds for the Le Mans 24 Hour and the DRM cars. Ah, which one to choose?
- Revolslot Website Launched With lots of exciting new cars on the drawing board, Revoslot now have their own website. Not unlike the BRM site, there’s the current models, a Gallery of all previous cars, plus pdf brochures to download and a contact form.
- Latest Magazines ePilot continues the good work of keeping us updated with the latest publications, including Model Car Racing magazine by Robert Schleicher, Trainini, SLOT, DRS Magazine, Jim Hunt Magazine, Model Railroad Hobbyist, and Trackside Model Railroading.
- Your Club This week saw G.O.L.D. returning to the Shedingarden track, Worthing hosting it’s first digital race in 25 months, we also have race reports from Norwich, Isle of Man, Bury St. Edmunds, Woodland Fort, and Southend giving us news of their next meet.
- American Road Race Proxy With three stages in ten days, the American Road Race is approaching its halfway point. You can catch up with all the latest news over on the SlotRacer Online Proxy Racing forum.
- Britten Build Tibbs has been performing some impressive micro surgery in modelling a bike originally built by one of the most iconic iconic bike builders, John Britten
- Blender? What’s Blender? SlotRacer’s 3D Printing forum is full of fascinating, complex and – to be honest – often bewildering stuff. Jason recently got to grips with the freeware Blender design software and – with the expert help of Alex and Jim – explains the features and possibilities in an easy-to-read thread.
- Lamborghini 350GT and the Spirit of Montjuïc Photojournalist Virgiliu Andone indulges us with a wonderful photoshoot of this beautiful Lamborghini 350GT on the motorsport-infused hill of Montjuïc, overlooking Barcelona. It’s treat you don’t want to miss.
- Stirling Moss Tribute Stirling Moss was remembered on Easter Monday at Goodwood, sixty years on from a crash at the West Sussex circuit which ended his racing career. Moss died two years ago – and Sky Sports F1 remembered him with this film, packed full of vintage footage and interviews with the man himself.
- WRC Croatia Rally The third round of the 2022 World Rally Championship took place on tarmac near Zagreb over the weekend. Could Kalle Rovanperä continue his stunning form in Sweden – would Ford regain their tarmac pace from the Monte – or could Hyundai finally make their mark in the new Hybrid era? Find out on the WRC website.
- Emilia Romagna Grand Prix Formula One headed to Imola at the weekend for the first European event of the season and the first sprint race. Qualifying on Friday, Sprint Race on Saturday and the Grand Prix on Sunday – Autosport will help you dissect all the goings-on.
- British GT Championship at Oulton Park The 2022 British GT Championship got of to an exciting and – at times – controversial start at Oulton Park. The seven-date calendar moves on to Silverstone in two weeks, but you can catch up with the action in the first two sprint races over on the official website.
- BTCC 2022 at Donington The 2022 British Touring Car Championship kicked-off this weekend at Donington Park. Three races and plenty of mayhem were broadcast live on free-to-air ITV, giving this tin-top series the biggest UK live viewing audience.
- British Rally Championship 2022 The opening round of this year’s national rally championship took place on Saturday and Sunday around Clacton and the north-east Essex countryside. The battle for the win was intense and went right down to the wire. You can follow the seven-event series on the official website.