Our regular round up of the latest news.
- Scaleauto Formula 90-97 Two new liveries are now available for Scaleauto’s generic Formula 90-97 cars. The models aren’t officially labelled as Williams cars, but, well, you know…
- Scaleauto Porsche 911 GT3 Scaleauto have also released two new liveries of the Porsche 911.2 GT3 RSR . The models reproduce the #911, and #912 cars which raced at Petit Le Mans in 2019.
- Policar March 701 The Policar March 701 which we reported in December, is shipping soon with a selling date of July 28th. The model represents the car with which Mario Andretti claimed his first F1 podium, finishing third in an eventful 1970 Spanish Grand Prix at Jarama.
- Slot.it Mercedes 190E Expected in the first quarter of 2024 is the Slot.it model of the Mercedes 190E which Michael Schumacher drove at Norisring in the 1991 DTM series.
- Avant Slot BMW 635 Csi Another model we’ve mentioned before is the Avant Slot BMW 635 Csi which utilises the old Spirit body moulds. This is released this week with two circuit racing liveries and a rally scheme.
- Avant Slot Nissan 240 RS Avant Slot have posted prototype photos of their forthcoming Nissan 240RS. As well as the two street liveries which have been shown before, there is the first rally livery, the 1985 Rallye de Portugal car, driven to eighth place by Santinho Mendes.
Silverstone was the very first Formula 1 circuit, hosting the first ever F1 race, in the first ever F1 World Championship, on the 13th May 1950. What’s more, it’s still an important F1 venue 73 years later. As I write this the 74th British Grand Prix is just a few hours away, so let’s celebrate the circuit which is so renowned across the world, by looking at how to recreate the historic airfield track in miniature.
- Scalextric Silverstone Whenever you visit Silverstone, make sure you pop into the Silverstone Museum. There are some fantastic exhibits there including an impressive Scalextric version of the circuit.
- Slot Track Scenics Slot Track Scenics have also made a couple of lovely versions of the track with one being a compact 3m x 2m and the other an epic 7m by 4m!
- Silverstone track plans If you ever fancy creating your own homage to Silverstone then we have a range of track plans. To start you could head over to our track plans section where you’ll find seven Scalextric layouts, which take us from the original 1948 configuration, right through to the present day, and range from smaller more manageable sizes to great big whoppers.
- More F1 track plans We also have more Silverstone track plans over in our F1 tracks section, which features plans for Carrera, Ninco, Scalextric, plus a routed track plan and even an Airfix layout.
- National GT3 – Molesey – 9th-Jul-23
- Worthing Digital Wednesday – 19th-Jul-23
- National Digital Championship – Rockingham – 29th-Jul-23
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 2nd-Aug-23
- Bury St Edmunds club night 5-10pm – 5th-Aug-23
- Worthing Digital Wednesday – 16th-Aug-23
- National Digital Championship – Stanborough – 27th-Aug-23
- Bury St Edmunds club night 5-10pm – 2nd-Sep-23
Photo of the Week
Scalextric Tyrrell P34 and McLaren M23