- Derby HO Racing Club DHORC was formed on 7th July 1992, and have run 622 club nights, including 27 Le Mans 24-hour races. The club has used a wide range of fantastic multi lane HO tracks, and is adding to that with their new Carrera Digital Sebring layout.
- NSR Abarth 500 Castrol A pair of stunning Abarth 500 Assetto Corse cars in Castrol liveries have just been released by NSR. The usual NSR quality and performance make these little cars great fun to drive.
- George Turner New models are on their way from George Turner. The Maserati 151 prototype is finished and ready to go in the mould, the Gerry Marshall Firenza is already moulded and just has to have its artwork printed, and the 1961 Le Mans and Monte Carlo Sunbeams are ready to mould.
- Teamslot Toyota Celica “Serie Especial” Arriving with retailers this week is a fabulous model of the car that won the 1992 Rally Catalunya – catalpulting Carlos Sainz and Luis Moya to their second WRC title. You can find out more about the car and the model in the News section of the forum.
- Scalextric Hypercar Review Andy takes a close look at the new Scalextric Pagani Huayra Roadster BC and finds plenty to be impressed by on the test track.
- TTS Autobianchi A112 Abarth The first two cars have just been released and a new JPS livery announced for later this year. These additions to the TTS / BRM 1/24 scale ‘Mini Saloon’ range look fabulous and will happily race on 1/32 scale plastic track.
- New Chassis for Slot.it Audi R8 LMP Slot.it have just announced a new livery and a new chassis for their Audi R8 LMP platform. You can find out more on the forum.
- World Championship Slot Car Proxy 2021 The World Championship Proxy cars are now at the Luckston Raceway in Kelowna, British Columbia and qualifying is now completed. Qualifying times were super tight, so it will all come down to driveability on race day.
Tracks & Scenery
- Palmer Divide Raceways Dreinecke has been building a light bridge for his wonderful Palmer Divide Raceways, using a bunch of bass and balsa wood from his scrap box
- PRS Figures PRS have added several new figures to their range, with spectators, marshals, and drivers in a modern style.
- MiniArt MiniArt post some great pictures of their completed models. Shown above is a diorama using a combination of two figure sets, 38017 Auto Travellers 1930-40s, and 38007 Tram crew with passengers.
- Magazines ePilot has been doing a great job of keeping us up to date with all the latest slot car publications from around the world, including German, Spanish, French, American and British magazines.
- Enzo Ferrari Museum Live Virtual Tour The past 18 months has seen museums and theatres create more live online content. You can now visit the Enzo Ferrari Museum in Modena and the Ferrari Museum at Maranello from the comfort of your own home. Find out more – and book your free virtual visit – on the Ferrari website.
- Another remarkable milestone for Hamilton News of Lewis Hamilton’s 100th Grand Prix victory has been all over the international media after an exciting and dramatic weekend in Sochi. If you can’t remember his previous ninety-nine wins, Autosport have compiled a fully-annotated list. Definitely worth a read.
- Trackrod Rally Yorkshire The fourth round of the 2021 British Rally Championship took place in Yorkshire this weekend. Plenty of spectators returned to watch some exciting action through classic stages in Dalby Forest.
- GT World Challenge Valencia The top European GT3 teams and drivers visited the Circuit Ricardo Tormo for the final Sprint Cup event of the season. The 2021 calendar wraps up with a 3-hour endurance race on Sunday 9 October, just up the coast in Barcelona.
- BTCC Silverstone The 2021 British Touring Car Championship is heading swiftly towards its climax – although there are still six more races at Donington and Brands Hatch next month. This weekend it was Silverstone and a sensational Sunday for Rory Butcher. ITV4 have the full coverage on catch-up and highlights next weekend.
- Tribute to Nino Vaccarella Sports car racing legend Nino Vaccarella died this week, aged 88. The Sicilian school teacher won the Targa Florio three times, plus the Le Mans 24 hours, Sebring 12 Hours and Nürburgring 1000Kms. Dominic Tobin pays tribute to the flying headmaster in MotorSport magazine.
- New IndyCar Chassis for 2024-5 IndyCar have begun the process to deliver a new chassis for 2024-5. With a new hybrid powerplant and KERS technology due in 2023, the North American single-seater category is making a big leap forward. You can read more at Racer.com.
- Classic Formula Atlantic at Long Beach A grid of superb 1970s Formula Atlantic cars raced as part of the Long Beach Grand Prix weekend. The cars included those driven in the 70s by the likes of Gilles Villeneuve, Didier Pironi, Keke Rosberg, Jacques Laffite, Jean-Pierre Jaussaud and Bobby Rahal. You can see more photographs on the Vintage Motorsport website.