In case you missed anything, here’s our round up of all the best bits of the week.
Tracks & Scenery
- Restoration Time Anglocanadian has shared photos of his three lane routed track. Originally built nearly twenty years ago, the track has now been completely refurbished.
- VW Notchback type 3 and Caravan Dylcom Models have released a 1/32 VW Notchback type 3 1500 and beautiful little Eriba Puck caravan combo.
- SlotRacer Facebook Group Kurt has posted a fabulous, nostalgic pit lane scene in 1/24 scale, over on the SlotRacer Facebook group
- Slot Car Magazine May 2021 Slot Car Magazine is celebrating ten years of publication with its May edition. Last time, Marc and Ric were celebrating 60 issues. This month, it’s a decade. Bravo!
- UK HO Drag Proxy Series 2021-22 – Race #1 May 2021 The first round of the brand new bi-monthly series kicks off on the 18th & 19th May at Rock County Raceway, featuring entries from the UK, US and Canada.
- Brighton to John O’Groats Road Race -Proxy Event 2021 REPORT All the results and reports are in from the Wrexham rounds of the Road Race, and without even pausing for breath, the competitors are on their way to Goldrock Motors in Burnley for the Goldrock & Pendle Crossing stages on the 22nd & 23rd May.
- Electric Vehicle Triathlon Proxy Event (EV Triathlon) -Official Thread With scrutineering and shakedown complete, the competitors moved over to the drag strip, and sprint circuit for some timed runs.
- World Championship Slot Car Proxy 2021 The overall standings after Race #1 have been published, and the cars are now on their way to The Professor’s track in Tacoma, Washington for Race #2.
- AFX’s new Ford GT40 Mark IIB #2 AFX have released photos of the decorated prototype of this forthcoming release.
- Racing Replicas by Pete Shepherd From the Racing Replicas Facebook page, a Yenko Stinger Corvair, with an RMS resins shell and a PCS chassis. Racing Replicas also have a website, which is well worth a look.
- The last MG for a little while George Turner’s new MG T includes the Stits sisters; Norma or Gloria, or their Father Boris. Unfortunately due to Boris’ lying, cheating and womanising he had to flee the country, but his daughters carried on racing and hill climbing in the early 50s.
- Cars bought by members in 2021 Top Down just can’t help spending when he sees beauties like this Vanquish Can Am McLaren. Who can blame him? Sports Racer followed this up with a haul of over 30 cars.
- Painting Spree KensRedZed has been on a painting spree, which followed inevitably on from a purchasing spree of HO scale cars.
- Scaleauto F90-94 & F94-97 Generic 1/32 Cars A sense of déjà vu and some mixed opinions greeted the news of a brand new 1/32 range from Scaleauto. The first models are expected in July.
- NSR F1 “Rosberg” finished Chris has finished his lovely model of the unusually coloured Marlboro McLaren car Keke used for practice during the 1986 GP of Portugal.