Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Typhoon Slots & Models in new hands

Some of you may have noticed some changes at Typhoon Slots & Models - one of the UK's established online slot car retailers. The business was put in mothballs during the first lockdown, but returned last summer. However, plans were afoot to sell the business to customer and collector Vince Cluderay. The handover took place at the beginning of March.

I spoke to Vince so he could introduce himself - and the new business - to SlotRacer Online members and readers...

Quote:l have been interested in slot cars since my dad bought me a Scalextric Formula junior set for Christmas 1965 - l was two. I have become an avid collector over all those years and, as funds allowed, increased my passion to something of an obsession, something l think a lot of us can relate to. Workwise, I've developed a successful software company and my team support clients all over the world in healthcare construction from our North Shropshire office.

I have been a customer of Telford  at Typhoon for many years and we have developed a good relationship, recently he informed me that he was thinking of relinquishing Typhoon Slots and Models and resurrecting his previous career. After a couple of conversations l suggested that l would like to continue with the brand as my collection of several thousand cars could do with thinning out and Typhoon would be an ideal vehicle.

Our plan is to continue to service the loyal client base that Telford has built up over the years and maintain the quality of service that Typhoon has become associated with. Accordingly, we will continue to stock new releases from Fly, SCX, Scalextric, Teamslot, Carrera, LMM and a variety of other manufactures that we are in conversation with. In addition, it is our intention to introduce a large number of long-archived models from the likes of Proto Slot, MMK and GMC, together with rare examples of models from my collection.

Later in the year, Typhoon Slots and Models will be introducing an exclusive build service, where individual models can be commissioned by clients. Examples of these builds will be available to view in the gallery section of the website in due course.

I certainly wish Vince all the best with his plans. Typhoon has always been a site I've visited to look at new releases - and now there will be added interest with extra manufacturers on board and some rarities. The Typhoon site is www.typhoonslotsandmodels.com
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post

Big thanks to Telford for service over the years. Its good to see that his brand will continue, hopefully with the same personal approach.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 1 member Likes Scuderia_Turini's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by woodcote
31st-Jan-20, 09:14 AM