Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

World's largest permanent slot-car track?

While in Atlanta, Georgia in 2018 I suggested to SWMBO that she might like a little retail therapy. This met with her approval so we drove to a very large outlet mall called Sugarloaf Mills and I left her to browse in Sears while I went for a wander.

Imagine my surprise when I came across a commercial slot track right opposite! Not that I had any prior knowledge of course. Rofl

It was a bit big! 457ft six lane Ninco, 75ft main straight with 29 bends and a total area of over 1800 square ft.

The owner turned out to be an enthusiast and not just a business man. Once he discovered I was 'not from round here'  and had some club racing experience we had a nice long chat and then he let me play on the track for the next hour or so. Brilliant stuff and he even refused to take any money off me! Eventually my good lady turned up, told me that playtime was over and we had a 200 mile drive to complete so we headed out.

Unfortunately I think it closed sometime in 2019 but it was definitely the longest permanent track I have ever come across. Apart from temporary ones constructed for record attempts and the like has anybody found a bigger one?
[+] 10 members Like CMOTD's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by kitman
30th-Apr-20, 04:05 PM
Last Post by Savage GT
21st-Apr-20, 08:49 AM
Last Post by Fluff
10th-Mar-20, 02:26 PM
Last Post by Scuderia_Turini
13th-Feb-20, 10:48 PM
Last Post by abie321