Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Not a photography site, so why do I post?
#21

Thank you very much...all of your compliments are very much appreciated!
The only manufacturer I shoot for now is MRSlotcar, and Ernie seems to want what everyone else does.  I've spent too many years in advertising to think this sells what we want in a slot car...
[Image: tEVED6l.jpg]
...better than this!
[Image: 8lPecAO.jpg]
These cars are so detailed now, that it takes little talent to show how real they look!  I get a big kick out of telling my friends that I own 30 different Ferrari's that I crash regularly on my private track!
Thank you for reinforcing the joy of grown men playing with little cars!!!   Checkeredflag Checkeredflag Checkeredflag
[+] 5 members Like fotodoug2's post
Quote
#22

Hmmmmm...I got a lot of flack on another site because the guy thought I was using real cars to pawn off as slot cars!...that last Porsche looks pretty real, I guess!   Tappingfoot
[+] 2 members Like fotodoug2's post
Quote
#23

(28th-Apr-24, 08:00 PM)fotodoug2 Wrote:  Hmmmmm...I got a lot of flack on another site because the guy thought I was using real cars to pawn off as slot cars!...that last Porsche looks pretty real, I guess!   Tappingfoot

I would have thanked the man for the photo shooting compliment and came back with something like "The price of the car is X. Highway not included".  Thumbup
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#24

I'm partial to these cars...I have a real SC 430, and was driving around with the top down today!
[Image: sTZR1SM.jpg]
[+] 5 members Like fotodoug2's post
Quote
#25

[Image: SFHYp3W.jpg]
[+] 3 members Like fotodoug2's post
Quote
#26

Sorry Doug, I don't mean to be critical, but the Ford is missing a windscreen.
Quote
#27

No Jason, I'm too lazy to do something like that!  The windscreen is reflecting a black velvet covered card (black velvet absorbs the most light), and the rest of the reflection is taken out by a polarizing filter!  Good eye!!!   Wavegreen Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes fotodoug2's post
Quote
#28

Hi Jason
Just to let you know, I haven't been able to open Imgur on my new laptop, and it would seem that they are headed down the tubes.  If you want any of my new images on that site, you should download them while you can.  I've downloaded the whole catalogue, but they are very small files...I guess they get reduced for publication.  Anyway, I just thought I would warn you.
[+] 1 member Likes fotodoug2's post
Quote
#29

Doug, 

Please keep up the great work, I don't say it enough, but I do appreciate the photo's and the photo banner, I always check the banner.

You post because you know deep down that we do appreciate the photographs and photography skills and knowledge required, it isn't simple as see, point and click... well not to you at least, you and I have had a chat previously years back regarding your photo's and I still remember you being concerned about the background on a few images.

To be concerned about the background more than the actual object shows a lot of thought that you put into the best photo's of slotcar's that I've seen... no bs

Look back through some of your work as posted previously just above, all different angles, different background colour schemes to match or highlight the car livery, different scheme across all individual photo's. 


Johnno


Quote
#30

(9th-Feb-26, 09:07 PM)fotodoug2 Wrote:  Hi Jason
Just to let you know, I haven't been able to open Imgur on my new laptop, and it would seem that they are headed down the tubes.  If you want any of my new images on that site, you should download them while you can.  I've downloaded the whole catalogue, but they are very small files...I guess they get reduced for publication.  Anyway, I just thought I would warn you.

Thanks Doug, nice to hear from you. 

Imgur actually stopped working on any UK website, around September last year, so we are strongly recommending everyone add their images directly to their posts. 

That will ensure that as long as this site is alive and kicking, then the photos will be available.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Johnno
10th-Feb-26, 03:48 AM
Last Post by steveaca
25th-Aug-20, 05:42 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: