Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Wonderful
•
Posts: 195
Threads: 5
Likes Received: 246 in 119 posts
Likes Given: 555
Joined: Dec 2021
Location MN, USA
Looks fantastic, and I am always impressed with your skills.
•
Posts: 176
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 532 in 144 posts
Likes Given: 436
Joined: Apr 2020
Location South Sweden
I am returning to this after…erh…a short break!
I hope to keep up this furious tempo.
Cheers
Carver
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
OOOPH - that is just awesome work !!
Thanks so much for continued sharing....
Posts: 176
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 532 in 144 posts
Likes Given: 436
Joined: Apr 2020
Location South Sweden
Thanks, but maybe not too impressing considering the 16 months of planning!
Posts: 176
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 532 in 144 posts
Likes Given: 436
Joined: Apr 2020
Location South Sweden
I thought I was ready for the final layers of paint. But as soon as you start painting, every mistake, ever so small, is revealed.
We don’t want to stumble so close to the finish, do we?
Some sanding and one step backwards, but it is not far away now!
Luckily, I am not a perfectionist!
Thanks for looking!
Carver
(This post was last modified: 18th-Dec-24, 03:16 PM by
Carver.)
Posts: 176
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 532 in 144 posts
Likes Given: 436
Joined: Apr 2020
Location South Sweden
Now I just need to get things together…
Posts: 195
Threads: 5
Likes Received: 246 in 119 posts
Likes Given: 555
Joined: Dec 2021
Location MN, USA
Looks beautiful, I can't wait to see it finished!
Posts: 176
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 532 in 144 posts
Likes Given: 436
Joined: Apr 2020
Location South Sweden
Final chapter!
A nervous moment was gluing the screen to the body.
I used a lot of superglue to make it sit firm, as it also serves as a crash bar.
I am sure many of you know what harm superglue can do to paint and screens.
The tape does not hold anything, it is there to prevent getting glue on the fingers. Worked OK!
To make a long story short: Then it all came together!
Thanks for looking!
Cheers Carver
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,410 in 1,389 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Wow! Absolutely stunning!