Posts: 2,513
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Thought I would have a go at deciphering the range of SRC tyres by categorising them by size and compound...
There are still what appear to be some very subtle differences between compounds, with perhaps some newer ones duplicating legacy ones still available.
Not sure I have unlocked the mystery yet!
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 882
Threads: 51
Likes Received: 2,386 in 709 posts
Likes Given: 2,635
Joined: Apr 2019
Location The Netherlands
Hi Jeremy,
Here is some more information from SRC about their tyre range:
MTX are virgin rubber tyres.
Black Pat tyres MAP and MAX are rubber compound with paraffin tyres.
The difference between them; Max tyres are waxed for wear delay.
RN0201 and RN0202 are composed of polyurethane.
I hope this will make your tyre choice easier.
rallyhub
Posts: 2,513
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Thank you Hub.
I saw those descriptions on the website but was not sure whether they were technical terms or oddities from the translation into English. I will update the Chart accordingly.
On the basis that they take their cars so seriously, I was thinking that their tyres might also be little hidden gems that might offer benefits to my other cars and offer an alternative to the usual Slot.it/NSR choice.
I love puttering with gears