Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Newbie Track Design
#1

I was going to build a model train set but slot cars sounded much more fun. I bought the Scalextric Platinum Pro set and currently trying to design a track. My available space is 10'x5.5'. Here is one of the designs.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
[+] 4 members Like poker_jake's post
Quote
#2

If you wedge the track base  into a corner you may find it hard to retrieve deslotted cars.
AlanW
Quote
#3

Our club put lane changers at the ends of straights rather than the middle as the cars are going slower at that point and it helps keep the cars flowing rather than having to slow down mid straight.

And the lane changer on the bridge amongst all those corners and ramps might be a challenge in the heat of a race.

Hope these comments help.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote
#4

Welcome to SlotRacer Poker Jake.

That's a very cool looking design. You should try it out and see how it works. Please post pics.  Thumbup

One good thing is it can be changed if you don't like how the cars perform in the inaccessible corner.

Ken
Quote
#5

Thanks for the replies. I thought about that corner, that's why I went wide to a tighter turn.  Hopefully it works out,  the set should be here tomorrow.  I wish there was a parts list of what's in the set so I could order the missing pieces. I found 2 of the c7007 after I found out they were discontinued.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by JasonB
23rd-Jun-26, 10:32 PM
Last Post by JasonB
14th-Jan-26, 07:10 PM
Last Post by Zippideedooda
28th-Jan-25, 04:31 AM
Last Post by john roche
29th-Jan-24, 12:49 PM
Last Post by Cdrseabee
25th-Dec-23, 02:21 AM
Last Post by Scuderia_Turini
15th-Sep-23, 09:26 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)