Posts: 525
Threads: 50
Likes Received: 884 in 356 posts
Likes Given: 2,627
Joined: Jun 2020
Evening
Having seen a number of the excellent kit builds on the forum recently, I have a question ?
Some of the body shells appear to have been fitted with what looks like to me, a plastic body mount, with a threaded insert?
They seem to be fitted in place with epoxy resin. I guess they are trimmable for length.
Am I correct and if so, does a anybody know where I can buy them?
Even Pendle don't appear to have anything similar.....
Thanks,
Pip
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,409 in 1,388 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Hi Pip,
Evergreen styrene round tubing is available at most hobby shops.
https://evergreenscalemodels.com/collect...rene-tubes
Numbers 225 (for 2-56 inserts) and 227 (for 4-40 size inserts) are two common sizes.
Brass inserts can be found at places like Professor Motor.
https://www.professormotor.com/product-p/pmtr7012.htm
You will need to do your own homework to make sure the inserts you buy fits the inside of tubing. I don't know what the Professor Motor inserts above fit.
I buy inserts from a bulk supplier that only sells them by the box.
Best of luck with your builds!
Ken
Posts: 525
Threads: 50
Likes Received: 884 in 356 posts
Likes Given: 2,627
Joined: Jun 2020
Hi Ken
Thanks for your reply, that makes perfect sense.
So I was correct with what I thought I was looking at, but you need to make them yourself, from two separate parts, got it
Will do my homework, and hope to get it right
Thanks,
Pip
Posts: 525
Threads: 50
Likes Received: 884 in 356 posts
Likes Given: 2,627
Joined: Jun 2020
Now that I know what to look for it turns out that good old Pendle slot racing stock the styrene round tubing.
So just got to find brass inserts. One for Uncle ebay I think...
Thanks again Ken for your explanation.
•
Posts: 2,054
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,409 in 1,388 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
At a mere $3 USD a package. Why would you not try Professor Motor inserts?
I'm surprised Pendle doesn't carry parts like that for scratch builders.
•