7th-Apr-20, 09:12 AM
The well-to-do local residents were pretty much always opposed, right from the start of motor bike racing in the 20s. However, the demise of the circuit was more down to safety issues. The huge houses on Crystal Palace Park Road were almost all split up into flats by the 1990s and the whole area down to Anerley and Penge was pretty grim. We paid £175 a month for a big two bedroom ex-council flat in a 1930s block. I understand from friends who still live in the area that it has gone massively upmarket with Penge high street more like Shoreditch with artisan delis, hipster cafés and some very nice places to eat. I find all that difficult to imagine.
Murray Walker and Crystal Palace is also available in colour... the end of this race featuring the classic James Hunt / Dave Morgan coming together that was 'borrowed' and adapted to create an entirely fictitious Hunt / Lauda F3 race (partly filmed at Crystal Palace) for the film Rush...
Here's the scene from Rush...
I prefer the real race and the proper fisticuffs at the end
I also do like the idea of toned-down colours for the layout. I'm not a fan of technicolor. Black, white, greys and under-stated greens might be the necessary palette.
Murray Walker and Crystal Palace is also available in colour... the end of this race featuring the classic James Hunt / Dave Morgan coming together that was 'borrowed' and adapted to create an entirely fictitious Hunt / Lauda F3 race (partly filmed at Crystal Palace) for the film Rush...
Here's the scene from Rush...
I prefer the real race and the proper fisticuffs at the end
I also do like the idea of toned-down colours for the layout. I'm not a fan of technicolor. Black, white, greys and under-stated greens might be the necessary palette.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)