1st-Mar-20, 01:17 PM
(1st-Mar-20, 08:40 AM)dazee Wrote: Trying that again to fix the pictures.
Thank you all for the feedback. It made me decide to do a little testing before digging in to make a whole bunch of pieces that could be used to make a track.
I had tried copper tape on one of my earlier versions of the table. Perhaps I did not give it a fair chance and was put off by other issues that table had. I will keep it in mind though to revisit it. It would be better if copper tape in the right size was readily available here and I could practice with it and try, try again. But sadly it seems tough to get hold of, or just darn expensive.
So I made a little circular track. Tried some texture for the surface, didn't like it, so in future will keep the track smooth and just maybe a little wooden bridge in the design. I made the grooves for the wire slightly smaller so that the wire has to be pressed in firmly. This with the glue should made it quite reliable and sturdy. So far it seems to be good.
Put some new braids on the car and let it run for a couple of hours - slow enough not to fly off, but fast enough not to fall in the center.
After a couple of hours, the braids not looking too bad.
For a quick test, I am quite happy with it. Next step to triple check the measurements and try a bit bigger scale. I'm tempted to bring the lines close to the slot so that 1/43 cars could be used too....
Short video of it over at https://dazee-projects.blogspot.com/2020...esign.html
Cheers
My DIY projects and failures at https://dazee-projects.blogspot.com/
Various projects and videos at https://www.youtube.com/@DaleChan-nel

![[Image: 20200301_115246.jpg]](https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hDZcDYbG7Gs/XltTVnLK-QI/AAAAAAAAAho/kyizCNrzT7Ageca3fNXl1ho5WcnbQC4vQCPcBGAYYCw/s640/20200301_115246.jpg)
![[Image: 20200301_115224.jpg]](https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-23p0falipNw/XltTRXEuy5I/AAAAAAAAAhY/Xb4P8RMyceoohue3z8n0AvVp6wwuOs69gCLcBGAsYHQ/s640/20200301_115224.jpg)
![[Image: 1583043421423-1953811929.jpg]](https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZjawiEBVtyM/XltTiJ54X8I/AAAAAAAAAhs/3mH-5YpdDto1i9jRlhwLJCr61GUAs-EvQCPcBGAYYCw/s400/1583043421423-1953811929.jpg)
![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)