9th-Feb-20, 07:22 AM
Thanks for that.
For HO racing, where any single compound tyre was allowed, I much preferred silicone. (Stock rubber, silicone and urethane could all play nicely together as it was 'extreme' mag' racing.) Couldn't get Urethanes to perform at all well myself, although I know some preferred them.
However, in magless 1/32 racing they don't mix well, apparently.
I haven't had the opportunity to try silicones where I race as their rules exclude them. Stock tyres, or urethanes. Both can be glued and trued and I respect that rule.
It's one more tuning challenge 'to get to grips with'.
For HO racing, where any single compound tyre was allowed, I much preferred silicone. (Stock rubber, silicone and urethane could all play nicely together as it was 'extreme' mag' racing.) Couldn't get Urethanes to perform at all well myself, although I know some preferred them.
However, in magless 1/32 racing they don't mix well, apparently.
I haven't had the opportunity to try silicones where I race as their rules exclude them. Stock tyres, or urethanes. Both can be glued and trued and I respect that rule.
It's one more tuning challenge 'to get to grips with'.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)