17th-Jan-20, 04:35 PM
Thank you.
So I have now actually loose fitted the slot it ssd chip in my group c chassis and can see that the on-board led will need a hole drilled in the chassis if I am to fit the chip snuggly around the front body mounting post, which seems to be the sensible thing to do (holding the chip in place with some blutac!). So utilising the template included in the instruction in the package.
Looking more closely at the scaleauto R chassis, there is a pre drilled hole immediately behind the front body mounting post that lines up perfectly with the on-board led. However, due to the adjacent motor pod, it would not be possible to fit the chip close to the chassis floor, it would be floating about 4mm above. So for this car, I will probably go for the remote led option through that hole next to the post, noting that I have ordered an oXigen chip for this install, so I will await the delivery of that to better understand the spacial limitation that might create.
I'm lovin' all this learning! Please bear with me...
So I have now actually loose fitted the slot it ssd chip in my group c chassis and can see that the on-board led will need a hole drilled in the chassis if I am to fit the chip snuggly around the front body mounting post, which seems to be the sensible thing to do (holding the chip in place with some blutac!). So utilising the template included in the instruction in the package.
Looking more closely at the scaleauto R chassis, there is a pre drilled hole immediately behind the front body mounting post that lines up perfectly with the on-board led. However, due to the adjacent motor pod, it would not be possible to fit the chip close to the chassis floor, it would be floating about 4mm above. So for this car, I will probably go for the remote led option through that hole next to the post, noting that I have ordered an oXigen chip for this install, so I will await the delivery of that to better understand the spacial limitation that might create.
I'm lovin' all this learning! Please bear with me...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)