Yesterday, 03:37 PM
I quite like to throw out the odd ideas for proxy subjects, so hear goes.
Folks of a certain age will remember the old American Vintage Slot car kits in the 60's (mostly 24th scale I think) when Hot Rods were quite a popular theme. I have seen on the HRW Forum build section this theme raised again as a point of interest by a 3d body printer 3a3dSlotcars.com for 3d printed 32nd scale kits. And also recently seen a supplier of a couple of 32nd scale 3d Hot Rod kits in the UK.
It seems to me that now that Slot car builders increasingly have 3d printers in the house, is there scope in running a competition for these colourful vehicles ??
Could we field a race of Vintage & Modern Hot Rods ?
Could we combine Hot Rods with other Oval Racing cars to have a multi Event proxy for example:
Vintage Hotrods /Modern HotRods
Early Nascars/ Modern Nascars
Pioneer Legends
Probably somewhat of a crazy notion I know, but is there anyone else out there who would like this kind of event and be interested enough to enter ?
Folks of a certain age will remember the old American Vintage Slot car kits in the 60's (mostly 24th scale I think) when Hot Rods were quite a popular theme. I have seen on the HRW Forum build section this theme raised again as a point of interest by a 3d body printer 3a3dSlotcars.com for 3d printed 32nd scale kits. And also recently seen a supplier of a couple of 32nd scale 3d Hot Rod kits in the UK.
It seems to me that now that Slot car builders increasingly have 3d printers in the house, is there scope in running a competition for these colourful vehicles ??
Could we field a race of Vintage & Modern Hot Rods ?
Could we combine Hot Rods with other Oval Racing cars to have a multi Event proxy for example:
Vintage Hotrods /Modern HotRods
Early Nascars/ Modern Nascars
Pioneer Legends
Probably somewhat of a crazy notion I know, but is there anyone else out there who would like this kind of event and be interested enough to enter ?

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)