11th-Oct-19, 04:44 PM
Maybe Carrera export all the good stuff to the English-speaking world?
Like Brian, I've not had anything to complain about with any of the Carrera 1/43 and 1/32 stuff I have bought over the years. Although that's probably tempting fate...
Poor acceleration is easy to cope with, the Carrera braking (or lack of it) can be rather more alarming. I once shared my Torino with a racer visiting WHO/digital from a serious analogue club. At the end of the long 20+ foot straight he blipped off the throttle as he would with a nicely set-up angle-winder Mosler, expecting the car to brake on a sixpence so he could power through the corner... The Torino kept straight on, hit the Scaley barrier, back flips up and over, the car somersaulting through the air until it hits the floor a good six feet away from the corner. Apart from one rear axle bushing popping out, not a scratch on the car. Any other make and we'd still be finding pieces two and a half years later. However, I think there is a slight indentation in the parquet flooring...
The Torino, Superbird, Dodge Chargers (500 & Daytona), Plymouth Fury, '57 Chevy, Bel Air and the Blown 'Bird are all sensational cars to look at and to drive. Always described affectionately as 'The Tank' when any of them take to the track at WHO/digital or the digital rug racing that preceded it. Despite the very different handling characteristics, they can always give the Scaley and Pioneer cars a good battle in the right hands.
Like Brian, I've not had anything to complain about with any of the Carrera 1/43 and 1/32 stuff I have bought over the years. Although that's probably tempting fate...
Poor acceleration is easy to cope with, the Carrera braking (or lack of it) can be rather more alarming. I once shared my Torino with a racer visiting WHO/digital from a serious analogue club. At the end of the long 20+ foot straight he blipped off the throttle as he would with a nicely set-up angle-winder Mosler, expecting the car to brake on a sixpence so he could power through the corner... The Torino kept straight on, hit the Scaley barrier, back flips up and over, the car somersaulting through the air until it hits the floor a good six feet away from the corner. Apart from one rear axle bushing popping out, not a scratch on the car. Any other make and we'd still be finding pieces two and a half years later. However, I think there is a slight indentation in the parquet flooring...
The Torino, Superbird, Dodge Chargers (500 & Daytona), Plymouth Fury, '57 Chevy, Bel Air and the Blown 'Bird are all sensational cars to look at and to drive. Always described affectionately as 'The Tank' when any of them take to the track at WHO/digital or the digital rug racing that preceded it. Despite the very different handling characteristics, they can always give the Scaley and Pioneer cars a good battle in the right hands.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)