Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Tinting/colouring resin
#1

I'm going to be casting some small parts.  The resin I'm using is Smooth-Cast 327.  However, I specifically want a silver/grey colour, which isn't available in Smooth-On's "So Strong" range of tints.  Last year, I tried mixing a tiny amount of black into the white pigment, but it wasn't very successful.

I'm thinking outside the box, but has anyone ever attempted tinting resin with acrylic paint?  I know the obvious solution is to air brush colour on to untinted resin, but these parts are small - Scalextric Escort mk1 bumpers, SCX Citroen C4 WRC mirrors, and a few wheel inserts.

Thoughts (or maybe even experiences) please gents.   Thumbup

Best regards,
Stuart.
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Tinting/colouring resin - by StuBeeDoo - 11th-Jan-25, 07:22 PM
RE: Tinting/colouring resin - by merkit the grof - 12th-Jan-25, 01:05 PM
munter - by munter - 13th-Jan-25, 11:48 PM
RE: munter - by StuBeeDoo - 14th-Jan-25, 08:25 AM
munter - by munter - 14th-Jan-25, 05:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
7th-Oct-25, 08:15 AM
Last Post by munter
18th-Dec-23, 06:52 PM
Last Post by Anthony B
6th-Nov-20, 08:51 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)