10th-Oct-24, 03:56 PM
I've managed to get quite a bit more done on the chassis.
Because I'm removing some support that the wheel arches give, I've made a brass piece that I've glued to the bottom section under the boot and some brass rod.
I wanted the brass piece to curve like the plastic section it sits in, so I attempted making a miniature metal workers sand bag.
I filled a plastic bag with sand and then put it under some nice old leather.
It worked a treat.
Next bit to tackle was the fixing mounts for the floating section on to the motor mount bracket and the chassis plate.
The tiny inserts I brought from AliExpress came very quickly and they are awesome.
There is 5 different sizes as in height in the pack, the bolt thread is 1.8mm, a nice small size.
With quite a lot of jiggery pokery I've got them in the right spot.
The bottom inserts that are permanently attached to the chassis plate, I have drilled the thread out of them so the screw can float freely inside it.
I will try and do a little video to show the movement, It floats quite well so I'm pretty pleased it's worked.
The next part I'm attempting is mounting two inserts in the back which won't be that easy.
If anyone has any suggestions re marking this, I would appreciate it.
My plan is the longer of my inserts, gluing one in each corner of the boot lid, drill the holes under the rear bumper section where I've just added that brass.
My dilemma is how do you get the inserts in the right position?
Do I drill the holes under the bumper first, get a piece of brass bar and dab paint on the end, with the body on the base then poke the bar up to mark?
I hope that makes sense, if anyone has a easier way please let me know.
I look forward to any input.
Cheers
Tony
Because I'm removing some support that the wheel arches give, I've made a brass piece that I've glued to the bottom section under the boot and some brass rod.
I wanted the brass piece to curve like the plastic section it sits in, so I attempted making a miniature metal workers sand bag.
I filled a plastic bag with sand and then put it under some nice old leather.
It worked a treat.
Next bit to tackle was the fixing mounts for the floating section on to the motor mount bracket and the chassis plate.
The tiny inserts I brought from AliExpress came very quickly and they are awesome.
There is 5 different sizes as in height in the pack, the bolt thread is 1.8mm, a nice small size.
With quite a lot of jiggery pokery I've got them in the right spot.
The bottom inserts that are permanently attached to the chassis plate, I have drilled the thread out of them so the screw can float freely inside it.
I will try and do a little video to show the movement, It floats quite well so I'm pretty pleased it's worked.
The next part I'm attempting is mounting two inserts in the back which won't be that easy.
If anyone has any suggestions re marking this, I would appreciate it.
My plan is the longer of my inserts, gluing one in each corner of the boot lid, drill the holes under the rear bumper section where I've just added that brass.
My dilemma is how do you get the inserts in the right position?
Do I drill the holes under the bumper first, get a piece of brass bar and dab paint on the end, with the body on the base then poke the bar up to mark?
I hope that makes sense, if anyone has a easier way please let me know.
I look forward to any input.
Cheers
Tony

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)