25th-Sep-24, 11:56 PM
Any chance we could move on now please fellas?
There are obviously two different ways to understand it, but I'm not sure this is helping.
Personally, I'd say that the answer depends on a number of factors, and a more powerful motor would only be helpful in certain circumstances.
Some people race rally cars on their standard track, even on club tracks. Others make purpose built rally tracks, which are tight and twisty, possibly including steep elevation changes. Others still experiment with altering the grip of the track surface, such as the Spanish rallies where they add flour to the track. As a classic rally fan, I prefer the latter approach, although I found a different way achieve a low grip track.
My point is that your choice of motor and gearing would surely depend on which type of track you were racing on, not the class of the car. Your best choice would be very different if you were racing a rally car on a smooth, high grip, eight lane club track, to what you'd need on a tight and twisty, more authentic rally track.
There are obviously two different ways to understand it, but I'm not sure this is helping.
Personally, I'd say that the answer depends on a number of factors, and a more powerful motor would only be helpful in certain circumstances.
Some people race rally cars on their standard track, even on club tracks. Others make purpose built rally tracks, which are tight and twisty, possibly including steep elevation changes. Others still experiment with altering the grip of the track surface, such as the Spanish rallies where they add flour to the track. As a classic rally fan, I prefer the latter approach, although I found a different way achieve a low grip track.
My point is that your choice of motor and gearing would surely depend on which type of track you were racing on, not the class of the car. Your best choice would be very different if you were racing a rally car on a smooth, high grip, eight lane club track, to what you'd need on a tight and twisty, more authentic rally track.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)