1st-Aug-24, 10:11 AM
After raising the axles 1mm and putting silicone 'O' rings between the chassis and body mounts it's definitely less rattly and a timed run on my test track is 12 laps in 43 seconds...which is quicker than a lot of my Rally cars.
Ballast will definitely dampen the car down and make it more predictable but I'm going to test it as it is.
With windows/interior/driver it's now 85g which feels lightweight to me, a car this huge would normally be 100g...but I'm more than happy to be shown the possible error of my ways
Of course this reduced weight means better acceleration and braking but will reduce it's cornering speed potential and increase the chance of deslots...adding ballast will be the opposite of those.
Ballast will definitely dampen the car down and make it more predictable but I'm going to test it as it is.
With windows/interior/driver it's now 85g which feels lightweight to me, a car this huge would normally be 100g...but I'm more than happy to be shown the possible error of my ways
Of course this reduced weight means better acceleration and braking but will reduce it's cornering speed potential and increase the chance of deslots...adding ballast will be the opposite of those.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)