Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cooper Ford

New lockdown project ,the Professor Motor ex Monogram Cooper Ford .Got most parts ,Flat 6 motor , PP chassis , waiting for wheels and tyres .Make a proper start tomorrow  Sun

Steve

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 members Like Fluff's post

Nice body and chassis.

If that is the PP competition inline chassis then the wheelbase adjustability isnt much. I have built one, they do have great handling.

I will follow your build with interest.

Body looks good.

I have admitted defeat and intend to build some cars using modern running gear. I'm getting tired of searching out old parts all the time.

Finish tomorrow?

Gordon , it will not be finished today , I don't work anywhere near your speed

I look forward to seeing your build Steve :)
If you need any running  gear parts give me a shout.
It LOOKS like the motor mounts may have a flat 6 specific set of holes too.

Hi Tel , you're right its got a flat 6 motor , I had to use that particular chassis as the Cooper only had a 73 mm wheelbase !! .Not sure if I will be able to use the side pans as they will show below the side of the car . Thanks for the offer of running gear , I may get back to you on the that but so far most has come from Pendals  Will show some more photos in a short while .

Steve

Just a couple of photos of the chassis and body  the wheels are too small waiting for larger diameter one's from Pendals .

Steve

[+] 2 members Like Fluff's post

Well a bit more progress ,got some better diameter wheels from Pendals , they're Mitoos F1 ,s on the rear and Mitoos R3 wheels on the front they look a lot better and the rears are nice and wide . What's the best glue to stick them to the rims ??
As of yet not managed to use the side pans yet they are far too low but we'll see what we can come up with !!

Steve

I use uhu safe and strong super glue, as it is gel like, doesn't set immediately so gives you time to install and turn  tyre to seat. Link on ebay, might be found cheaper thats the first one I came across !
But everyone has their own favourite. 
If you are gluing on, make sure the tyre has enough give to allow access to the grub screw.

Hi Tel , thanks mate when I've glued them , hopefully you can true them for me .

This car is so short ,73 mm wheelbase and 56 mm across at the back   should be good fun and maybe a bit twitchy  .
I've never used slot it offset crown gears before  but it does lower the motor down a bit .

Stay safe , Steve

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Fluff
6th-Aug-19, 06:23 AM
Last Post by Fluff
21st-Jun-19, 01:24 PM
Last Post by Fluff
18th-May-19, 10:12 AM