13th-Sep-19, 08:36 PM
Don't laugh but - I've used gloss black Humbrol Enamel on the tread surface of one pair of front tyres and it seems to be working really well.
Initially it was just an experiment as an alternative to superglue, nail polish, varnish and various other ideas I've read about. I did wonder if it would dry properly or remain sticky but it's dried smooth, shiny and rock hard - but not noisy on the track, which was surprising.
I'm now thinking of doing a few other cars as a quick and cheap alternative to 'no grip' tyres, particularly where the correct size isn't available anyway - and without all the noxious fumes from Superglue or nail polish.
Any thoughts as to why NOT to?
Initially it was just an experiment as an alternative to superglue, nail polish, varnish and various other ideas I've read about. I did wonder if it would dry properly or remain sticky but it's dried smooth, shiny and rock hard - but not noisy on the track, which was surprising.
I'm now thinking of doing a few other cars as a quick and cheap alternative to 'no grip' tyres, particularly where the correct size isn't available anyway - and without all the noxious fumes from Superglue or nail polish.
Any thoughts as to why NOT to?

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)