Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

DS controller query
#1

I've got a DS 3503 controller that seems to be "acting weird".  I bought it a couple of years ago.  I'm not good explaining, so please bear with me.

Two completely different cars keep randomly stopping while I'm using the DS controller.  If I swap to my spare SCX Pro-branded Parma controller the cars immediately run perfectly.   This only seems to be happening with the two cars, at the moment.  I have other cars with the same motors which seem to be running fine with the DS controller. 

Both controllers are 45ohm ones.  One car has a PSR 16k FF-050 motor, the other has an RX-42.  The PSU is a 12v one. .......And the first thing I did was clean the wiper contacts with proprietary contact cleaner, which made no difference.
However..........  If I swap to my SCX 14v PSU, the two cars will run loads of laps perfectly with the DS controller.

Do I assume that the DS controller is slowly dying?

Thanks in advance,
Stuart.

Best regards,
Stuart.
Quote


Messages In This Thread
DS controller query - by StuBeeDoo - 17th-Apr-24, 12:36 PM
RE: DS controller query - by BAracer - 17th-Apr-24, 03:05 PM
RE: DS controller query - by StuBeeDoo - 17th-Apr-24, 03:39 PM
RE: DS controller query - by StuBeeDoo - 16th-Sep-24, 10:29 AM
RE: DS controller query - by CMOTD - 16th-Sep-24, 11:29 AM
RE: DS controller query - by StuBeeDoo - 16th-Sep-24, 03:19 PM
RE: DS controller query - by StuBeeDoo - 16th-Sep-24, 03:27 PM
RE: DS controller query - by CMOTD - 17th-Sep-24, 09:20 AM
RE: DS controller query - by BAracer - 17th-Sep-24, 11:20 AM
RE: DS controller query - by CMOTD - 17th-Sep-24, 12:19 PM
RE: DS controller query - by Henk - 18th-Sep-24, 12:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ninco2000
24th-Mar-25, 05:48 PM
Last Post by BAracer
28th-Jan-24, 08:39 AM
Last Post by Gpa113
2nd-Jul-23, 08:33 PM
Last Post by Kevan
18th-Feb-23, 01:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)