Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Question Two-colour painting of wheel inserts
#1

I have a set of inserts in the Fuchs style, which I bought from Pendles, for a Porsche rally car in my collection.  These come in standard-fayre off-white resin.  The rivet counter in me wants them painted in the classic Fuchs silver-over-black.  So, how do I achieve this?  Obviously airbrushing the black first, then applying the silver, is the way to go.  But..........  What method do I use to apply the silver?  I thought about soaking a baby sponge in the paint and then (carefully...) wiping the insert across the surface.

What am I missing?  How would you do it?  Would you even bother?

For information, this is the style I'm talking about.

   

Thanks in advance,
Stuart.

Best regards,
Stuart.
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Two-colour painting of wheel inserts - by StuBeeDoo - 14th-Feb-24, 09:36 PM
RE: Two-colour painting of wheel inserts - by KensRedZed - 14th-Feb-24, 11:44 PM
RE: Two-colour painting of wheel inserts - by Kevan - 14th-Feb-24, 11:52 PM
RE: Two-colour painting of wheel inserts - by DPJ - 15th-Feb-24, 02:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
29th-Jun-24, 08:08 PM
Last Post by Gpa113
8th-Jun-24, 06:59 PM
Last Post by StuBeeDoo
26th-Mar-24, 07:58 AM
Last Post by Anthony B
6th-Nov-20, 08:51 AM
Last Post by Tamar
29th-May-20, 03:23 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)