Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Question Scalex Sport track joints
#9

That's exactly what I've just done on my new 50 foot 4 lane layout, and as Kevan says, it is so much easier.

I used decent quality wire, attached small spade terminals onto each end ( which were crimped nice and tight), then placed a small bit of duct tape to keep them firmly in their place!  

I went from the adjoining straight to where the power feed comes in, directly across to the mid point of the layout.  It has made such a difference to the power issues I originally encountered. 

The most important thing with Scalextric Sport Track is to make sure all the tabs are really tight, even new track requires checking.   I had missed one on the Green lane,  and the rails were not in permanent contact.  Remove the straight,  tighten the tabs, problem solved.  I also had one radius 4 bend which dropped power.  It didn't matter what I tried it wouldn't improve.  As it was a used piece of track I simply swopped it out for a new piece.  Problem solved! 

Once in a while I run a cloth with a bit of GT85 on it around all the lanes, makes a huge difference. 
Also from reading other posts on the forum about similar issues,  I have been converted to the magic powers of Innox, courtesy of Woodcote.  This stuff is impressive,  it improves the conductivity big time, but you only need a little (tiny!) amount,  otherwise its a bit like rallycross  Rofl
[+] 4 members Like Gpa113's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Scalex Sport track joints - by StuBeeDoo - 26th-Nov-23, 03:52 PM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by Kevan - 26th-Nov-23, 05:34 PM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by JasonB - 26th-Nov-23, 06:56 PM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by Graham - 26th-Nov-23, 08:13 PM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by StuBeeDoo - 26th-Nov-23, 09:40 PM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by MrFlippant - 27th-Nov-23, 02:57 AM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by StuBeeDoo - 27th-Nov-23, 08:34 AM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by Kevan - 28th-Nov-23, 08:07 AM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by Gpa113 - 28th-Nov-23, 09:24 AM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by Kevan - 28th-Nov-23, 10:17 AM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by Johnno - 6th-Dec-23, 08:14 PM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by Scuderia_Turini - 6th-Dec-23, 10:24 PM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by StuBeeDoo - 7th-Dec-23, 07:47 AM
RE: Scalex Sport track joints - by StuBeeDoo - 18th-Jan-24, 08:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Scuderia_Turini
27th-Jan-24, 10:24 PM
Last Post by Kevan
9th-Oct-23, 03:51 PM
Last Post by Kevan
1st-Apr-23, 10:14 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)