4th-Jun-23, 06:08 PM
I raced 1/12th RC pan cars during the brushless/LiPo changeover period and it was an instant game-changer, especially when sensored motors came out. The extra runtime from LiPo's and performance from equivalent brushless motors (13.5T brushless compared to the 27T brushed we used then) was the end for brushed and NiMh cells.
...so brushless will come, it's still early doors yet, I don't think it'll replace what we use now as it's not a cheap swap, an Ecomm (wrongly called an ESC) is required for each car so it'll be up to clubs to decide on rules. Our club would just put these in our 'Open Class' which means standard car runners can still race to their hearts content.
...so brushless will come, it's still early doors yet, I don't think it'll replace what we use now as it's not a cheap swap, an Ecomm (wrongly called an ESC) is required for each car so it'll be up to clubs to decide on rules. Our club would just put these in our 'Open Class' which means standard car runners can still race to their hearts content.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)