8th-Apr-23, 12:35 AM
Thank you Chris,
always finding more aspects to the hobby and still enjoying the voyage of discovery. I guess I am currently very bad at winding as with my current level I can not imagine being able to get 65 turns. A target to aim for!
The next step is going to be seeing how this car runs at the club track - my track is currently tore down as I go into a rebuild with smaller footprint. First step is rebuilging my tables smaller and a little prettier. Anyways I digress. Will be at the club track today to test it out. I am not expecting great things for a 2nd attempt, especially if 45 turns is an aggressive motor and the club track is short.
So a general question. When people are doing slot car drag races, would they normally be winding their own motors? I am assuming this is the case but finding information about how people prepare their cars for racing is a little challenging. I guess for a reason :)
I have some 0.19mm wire on the way for the next attempt. I figured half way between the 2 sizes tried so far will be a happy medium.
Slot car motors and parts are hard to come by here. I can get Plafit motors at the club but that is it. Any other motor I have was shipped by Pendles from the UK. If I can get better at rewinding I can take advantage of the parts from the Tamiya Mini 4wd market here - at least to my way of thinking.
always finding more aspects to the hobby and still enjoying the voyage of discovery. I guess I am currently very bad at winding as with my current level I can not imagine being able to get 65 turns. A target to aim for!
The next step is going to be seeing how this car runs at the club track - my track is currently tore down as I go into a rebuild with smaller footprint. First step is rebuilging my tables smaller and a little prettier. Anyways I digress. Will be at the club track today to test it out. I am not expecting great things for a 2nd attempt, especially if 45 turns is an aggressive motor and the club track is short.
So a general question. When people are doing slot car drag races, would they normally be winding their own motors? I am assuming this is the case but finding information about how people prepare their cars for racing is a little challenging. I guess for a reason :)
I have some 0.19mm wire on the way for the next attempt. I figured half way between the 2 sizes tried so far will be a happy medium.
Slot car motors and parts are hard to come by here. I can get Plafit motors at the club but that is it. Any other motor I have was shipped by Pendles from the UK. If I can get better at rewinding I can take advantage of the parts from the Tamiya Mini 4wd market here - at least to my way of thinking.
My DIY projects and failures at https://dazee-projects.blogspot.com/
Various projects and videos at https://www.youtube.com/@DaleChan-nel

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)