7th-Apr-23, 02:46 PM
Hello Dazee,...good to see a few folks trying to repair/rewind armatures
.
If in fact your stated figures are correct (I assume they are),......45 turns of 30 gauge wire will not be a long lived armature given the magnets/brush gear in the Carrera motor, evidenced by it drawing 2 amps free running........45T x 30 gauge is considerably more aggressive than the 65T x 30 gauge armatures found in many of the entry level commercial track (50K ish ) motors , and these motors have considerably better magnets/brush gear/comms.
That said, experimenting is a lot of fun, and I applaud you for diving in.
Cheers
Chris Walker
If in fact your stated figures are correct (I assume they are),......45 turns of 30 gauge wire will not be a long lived armature given the magnets/brush gear in the Carrera motor, evidenced by it drawing 2 amps free running........45T x 30 gauge is considerably more aggressive than the 65T x 30 gauge armatures found in many of the entry level commercial track (50K ish ) motors , and these motors have considerably better magnets/brush gear/comms.
That said, experimenting is a lot of fun, and I applaud you for diving in.
Cheers
Chris Walker

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)