25th-Mar-22, 10:20 AM
A very interesting and thought provoking thread...
I have recently changed my preference of controller after getting a SCP 1.1, prior to that I was using a Synapse which I love due to not having a wiper board (they use a pot like r/c transmitters).
I'm the kind of person that is willing to use something long enough to get use to it's foibles before making a final judgement. The SCP has a super light trigger with zero friction and the controller looks and feels big and clunky...thanks to Mr Flippants youtube video on SCP basics I quickly got a handle on using and tuning it.
The throttle spring had to be shortened, it's just too light for ageing arthritic fingers.
The one thing I don't like is the use of non-linear markings on the control knobs, I write down the controller settings for every car and have done for years, it get's me in the ball park immediately, saves time...and prevents the all too predictable smash when the settings are miles out.
I'm going to put linear scales on the control knobs, it'll be easier in the long run as some of the scales seem daft. For example...how on earth do you write down what position the 'power trim' is in in this position? less than 1 but a lot more than 0, can't be 0.6 because it's not linear...how about 9.30 on the clock
As for braking, I tried all the settings on this controller and have grown to love 'sweep' but do wonder if it would be better if it worked the other way round, i.e. adjustable progressive braking increasing to 'max' rather than adjustable progressive braking decay after sudden 'max'.
I have recently changed my preference of controller after getting a SCP 1.1, prior to that I was using a Synapse which I love due to not having a wiper board (they use a pot like r/c transmitters).
I'm the kind of person that is willing to use something long enough to get use to it's foibles before making a final judgement. The SCP has a super light trigger with zero friction and the controller looks and feels big and clunky...thanks to Mr Flippants youtube video on SCP basics I quickly got a handle on using and tuning it.
The throttle spring had to be shortened, it's just too light for ageing arthritic fingers.
The one thing I don't like is the use of non-linear markings on the control knobs, I write down the controller settings for every car and have done for years, it get's me in the ball park immediately, saves time...and prevents the all too predictable smash when the settings are miles out.
I'm going to put linear scales on the control knobs, it'll be easier in the long run as some of the scales seem daft. For example...how on earth do you write down what position the 'power trim' is in in this position? less than 1 but a lot more than 0, can't be 0.6 because it's not linear...how about 9.30 on the clock
As for braking, I tried all the settings on this controller and have grown to love 'sweep' but do wonder if it would be better if it worked the other way round, i.e. adjustable progressive braking increasing to 'max' rather than adjustable progressive braking decay after sudden 'max'.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)