Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Souped-up Scalextric Chassis
#1

I recently bought an old Scalextric Astra V8 as the basis for a potential Auslot Touring Car Proxy entry for later this year. I instinctively sought out a couple of 3DP chassis to try out under the body as the 'standard' upgrade route, but neither of them were a straight forward fit and would require some modifications to the body. So I had a play with the original chassis and installed all the main components I would be using in the series, and at first sight, everything seemed to slot into place quite nicely...

   

The series has a 23k motor limit and runs on smooth wood tracks. I am thinking that the rear bushing will need upgrading and the uprights will need a bit of bracing, and I will need to drill a couple of holes in the motor bracket so I can screw and glue the motor in place. But does anyone have any experience of pushing Scalextric chassis beyond their original performance envelope and have any advice for me?

Thanks

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Souped-up Scalextric Chassis - by BAracer - 2nd-Jan-22, 04:35 PM
RE: Souped-up Scalextric Chassis - by Kevan - 2nd-Jan-22, 08:14 PM
RE: Souped-up Scalextric Chassis - by BAracer - 3rd-Jan-22, 08:16 AM
RE: Souped-up Scalextric Chassis - by Beejay7 - 3rd-Jan-22, 10:16 AM
RE: Souped-up Scalextric Chassis - by BAracer - 3rd-Jan-22, 01:20 PM
RE: Souped-up Scalextric Chassis - by chrisguyw - 3rd-Jan-22, 03:21 PM
RE: Souped-up Scalextric Chassis - by Nonfractal - 3rd-Jan-22, 03:36 PM
RE: Souped-up Scalextric Chassis - by BAracer - 3rd-Jan-22, 05:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tibbs
31st-May-24, 07:31 AM
Last Post by munter
20th-Jul-23, 10:36 PM
Last Post by Savage GT
13th-Jun-21, 07:46 AM
Last Post by woodcote
9th-Jul-20, 07:37 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)