3rd-Dec-21, 09:28 AM
At proxy events over recent days it has become evident that in order to compete, I need a little routed wood test track at home to actually run and tune my cars on the appropriate surface before sending them off. So my latest idea is to sort out a figure of eight layout.
A couple of questions...
1. Ignoring and board size (at this blue sky stage) what would be the optimum radius curves to have? I am looking at Scalextric charts and thinking somewhere around R2/R3?
2. In the World Wide Chats, everyone says use the cheapest latex paint for the track surface. What paint type does that translate to in the UK?
Has anyone got any better idea for a little tuning test track, or can show photos of any?
Cheers
A couple of questions...
1. Ignoring and board size (at this blue sky stage) what would be the optimum radius curves to have? I am looking at Scalextric charts and thinking somewhere around R2/R3?
2. In the World Wide Chats, everyone says use the cheapest latex paint for the track surface. What paint type does that translate to in the UK?
Has anyone got any better idea for a little tuning test track, or can show photos of any?
Cheers
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)