2nd-Nov-21, 07:24 PM
Curve ball answer.
If you were to select oxigen as your digital system instead of Scalextric, then you could simply build your analogue layout as planned, and when you require digital running, use a straight-wired 3 pin plug to give your rails 100% DC power, which is what oxigen cars require to run.
o2 lane change drivers are powered by the track or could be powered independently. You’d need magnets only for a finish line. All car control is wireless from the throttle to the car.
I actually think this would be the simplest method of having a decent 3-pin analogue / digital hybrid, you don’t have to unplug or isolate anything, and you can use your analogue 3pin controllers freely for normal operation. You also get to utilise your Fusion power supply for both analogue and digital running.
When I first started building oxigen circuits my main power feed actually utilised this exact setup so that if oxigen failed for whatever reason, the track could still be driven analogue with a 3 pin plug. We don’t use that now but it was perfectly operational when we did.
I have even taken an oxigen chipped car and controller to an analogue club, put my direct wire 3 pin plug in, and then driven the car wirelessly. Caused a few raised eyebrows when I started wondering around the room while doing so!
This would most likely be a more costly solution, because oxigen isn’t cheap. But is an option.
If you were to select oxigen as your digital system instead of Scalextric, then you could simply build your analogue layout as planned, and when you require digital running, use a straight-wired 3 pin plug to give your rails 100% DC power, which is what oxigen cars require to run.
o2 lane change drivers are powered by the track or could be powered independently. You’d need magnets only for a finish line. All car control is wireless from the throttle to the car.
I actually think this would be the simplest method of having a decent 3-pin analogue / digital hybrid, you don’t have to unplug or isolate anything, and you can use your analogue 3pin controllers freely for normal operation. You also get to utilise your Fusion power supply for both analogue and digital running.
When I first started building oxigen circuits my main power feed actually utilised this exact setup so that if oxigen failed for whatever reason, the track could still be driven analogue with a 3 pin plug. We don’t use that now but it was perfectly operational when we did.
I have even taken an oxigen chipped car and controller to an analogue club, put my direct wire 3 pin plug in, and then driven the car wirelessly. Caused a few raised eyebrows when I started wondering around the room while doing so!
This would most likely be a more costly solution, because oxigen isn’t cheap. But is an option.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)