Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Paint for Aluminium Hubs
#6

Why I thought I might be able to 'get away with it without anyone noticing', is that it's black and it's protected behind the insert.

I am just finishing off a rally car white kit build. Here is the original...

   

Here is my interpretation, Slot.it hubs and inserts...

   

And here is the Staffs equivalent...

   

I really like the Slot.it BBS inserts, but I want to do them justice. And as noted by Mitch, due to the Humbrol paint's lack of adhesion, I have to live with the 'silver ring', hence my original query.

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Paint for Aluminium Hubs - by BAracer - 28th-Aug-21, 12:23 PM
RE: Paint for Aluminium Hubs - by Mitch58 - 28th-Aug-21, 01:31 PM
RE: Paint for Aluminium Hubs - by Gpa113 - 28th-Aug-21, 01:37 PM
RE: Paint for Aluminium Hubs - by chrisguyw - 28th-Aug-21, 08:47 PM
RE: Paint for Aluminium Hubs - by merkit the grof - 29th-Aug-21, 05:59 AM
RE: Paint for Aluminium Hubs - by BAracer - 29th-Aug-21, 06:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
7th-Oct-25, 08:15 AM
Last Post by StuBeeDoo
3rd-Dec-23, 11:22 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
17th-Jul-23, 01:37 AM
Last Post by dvd3500
10th-Jan-22, 10:34 AM
Last Post by DPJ
9th-Jan-22, 04:50 PM
Last Post by Gpa113
26th-Jul-20, 02:49 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)